Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here had any experience with this little big-bore SIG? Just curious how anyone feels about it...it doesn't seem to get much press that I can find, but the idea seems interesting.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eric

I bought one a little while ago. It is my first Sig. I stopped at the gunstore on lunch break and bought it on impulse. :grin:
Reasons, Sig quality, good carry size,45acp,
MA approved as I live in The Republic of MA.
:sad: It is quite accurate and simple to break down. I have mostly Glocks and recently got 2 1911's which are hard to get in MA.The only thing I don't care for is the length of trigger travel. The Glock has a shorter travel and reset and the 1911 is best IMHO.
I like it enough that I ordered a VM II from Milt Sparks for it. :grin:

Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got one in June and I really like it. About 300 rds through it without a single failure of any kind. I use it as my desk gun and off duty gun now. I still carry a 1911 as a field gun. If you try a speed reload with it be careful as you can pinch yourself really bad with it. Carry 220 mags if you want to speed reload. Mine came with nite sights and I don't care for them, but I can live with them. I carry mine at work in an Alessi DOJ holster and its comfortable. The ammo I carry is W-W 230 JHP.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Think the 245 is under-appreciated. Had a Glock 30 that could never get used to or shoot well mostly due to having large hands & long fingers. The 245 fits same very well and the 245 have shoots typically soft like most Sigs. This one is very accurate & has the best stock trigger both DA & SA have had in 6 or so Sigs right out of the box. Excellent pistola!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bought a 245 about 6mos. ago, what a great gun. Agree with the other shooter, watch those speedloads. This little workhorse feeds and digests any ammo I have put through it. I've been carrying the new Federal expanding ball. Fobus makes a great holster for it in a paddle model or beltloop, this gun is great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
just bought the p245 about a week ago. was wondering what everyone thought was the best ammo to use, both for cost and reliability.

also, does anyone know about an 8 rd conversion kit, possibly with the extra finger. heard about it, but not sure if it's available.

·
Registered
74 Posts
a2t2p... I've been feeding ALOT of 230gr. ball, both commercial and military through mine, and I just can't get it to malfunction....
I've used every commercial weight (factory load) and a couple of different reloads... this gun eats and CYCLES everything! I personally carry Federal's NEW fmj expanding ball.(200gr) It's the only thing a Jersey homeowner can count on...

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the input, i picked up some 230gr. fmj from federal, no expanding ball, the gun fired perfectly through about 100 rounds. no misfires.

i have a friend who does reloads, much, much cheaper, but is there anything i should be wary of?

·
Registered
74 Posts
a2t2p Obviously use QUALITY components in the reloads. The only thing my 245 doesn't shoot very well is a bunch of semi wc 185gr. I've had laying around for a while. Other than that, mine digests whatever I feed it...
Have fun & good shootin".

" More than I need, but not as many as I want"..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one about three weeks ago. It was after comparing with a few other manufacturers. It is an excellent pistol that is easy to shoot well. It took me a couple of trips to the range to get myself dialed into it, but now that I am, it is a sheer pleasure to shoot. The only thing that I would like is an 8 shot magazine with a finger rest on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
500 rounds later this little gun is gettin' smooooooother by the shot! I called Pearce grip and inquired about an extention like for the Glock 30's, they said that it is in development!
My $.02...anybody considering a small .45 should look at this one seriously! :grin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
please keep us informed of that extension. like i said before, i've heard of it with the +2 capacity, but haven't found it anywhere.

after about 300 rounds of reloads, this gun just won't misfire. it groups amazingly well at short distances, and believe it or not, i was hitting a 6" x 6" target about 60-70% of the time at 100yds. unreal for a handgun, let alone a compact .45

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.