Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
On 2001-09-12 23:07, CCFPS wrote:
I just fell into a Sig Pro in 357 Sig with a extra 40 S&W bbl. Anybody had any experence with these. It looks ok but I am not real up on Sig.
I have the 2340 with both barrels and a 2009. The 357SIG sure gives a whole new meaning to "night lights" doesn't it;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a 2340 in .40S&W. Love the design and fit, however I've had a continual problem with ammo feeding. At random, my 2340 jams when loading, leaving the slide stuck open about 1/4 inch. It's not my grip... Tried That... Also gave it a "breaking in period" as recommended by Sig(1,000 rds.), and tried various types of ammo. the problem still exists. The good news is that I called Sig again today, and they gave me an RMA number to send it to them for evaluation/repair. Can't wait to get it back and start some serious shooting. :smile: Sig's Customer Service is great as well.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had the same problem w several SP2340s; slide would hang up just before lock up. A slight nudge was needed to get it all the way fwd. Did not happen w the 357 bbls in them, just the 40s at first, but then I ran into a 357 that did it too.

Called SIG, they said they hear that a lot, just shoot/lube it more!? That I could send it in but there realy wasn't anything to fix!?

Turns out the lug under the barrel needs a little more polishing on some of their bbls. That fixed the problem on several w/o a trip to SIG. YMMV.

It's a good gun, but I think if SIG had kept the same barrel/locking block system and take down it would have been better. I know it works fine on the P210, but I still like the other better.

The HS2000/SAXD is more what I thought SIGs polymer pistol would look like, and is the better of the two designs IMO. Even better than Glock/HK. :wink:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Mike

I have the 2340 and the 2009 as well as the HS2K. The HS2K is a great design and was actually based on the 226. The earlier models they make (non-ploymer) wee almost a direct knockoff of a SiG. It's one of my favorite pistols and has been rock solid reliable and durable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I heard of stronger recoil reports with the Sig Pro .40, is this also present in the 9 mm (compared to say a Glock or Beretta). I am in the market for a new 9 mm, and the Pro looks good espcially for a sub $500 price. Thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
On 2002-01-23 17:29, hilega wrote:
I heard of stronger recoil reports with the Sig Pro .40, is this also present in the 9 mm (compared to say a Glock or Beretta). I am in the market for a new 9 mm, and the Pro looks good espcially for a sub $500 price. Thanks
40S&W or 357SIG will have more recoil than the 9mm. I find my 2009 to be one of the softest, most manageable 9mm pistols I own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On 2001-09-12 23:07, CCFPS wrote:
I just fell into a Sig Pro in 357 Sig with a extra 40 S&W bbl. Anybody had any experence with these. It looks ok but I am not real up on Sig.
I have a SP 2340 in .40 S&W, and I love it. I wish I'd fallen into a two-barrel deal like you have, but I'll muddle through. :wink:

This 2340 is one of the most comfortable, accurate, and dependable pistols right out of the box that I've ever seen. Just let me know if you need to dispose of that .357 Sig bbl, I promise I'll give it a good home!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase you cant go wrong w/ a sig or the sigpro. I have a 2009 in 9mm and it is the most accurate,reliable pistol I have.I will never foregt the first time I took it out to test.I did some point shooting and shoot and move scenarios at various distances and some that I pushed the envelope a little and I was amazed that I didnt miss once.It shot perfectly and It fit me perfect.It is now my house/field gun and I will never get rid of it. Shoot fast and safe. Congrats.
P.s check out the 228 if you like the sigs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.