Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BHP practical(Black Slide,Chrome frame). I want to replace the awful millet sights that came on the weapon with A/O Express Sights. However I can't get the darn things off. I don't have a big enough hammer and punch. What do they put them on with and does anybody know how to get them off.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello. They are tight, aren't they? One of these gunsmiths that seem to be all around this site for some reason might have a better way, but I put the slide in a vice and use a hammer and punch. I'm told that the sights are so very tight because of fit and the matte finish being applied after the sights are put on.

Best.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Howdy,
I recently put Novaks on my practical. Yes, they are certainly tight! I was able to drift them using a 26oz hammer and a nylon drift, though.

Be sure you are drifting left-to-right, as most gun pins and dovetails are fit this way. In other words, with the slide in the vise, try to push the sight out the side OPPOSITE the magazine release.

Good luck,

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.