Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hummm wonder how far off track this question will get :cool:

What style/type of LONG PANTS (got to cover the ankle and have mutiple pockets/belt loops) does everybody wear when shooting/training??

Think this is to hard of a question :lol: :lol:

Now be gentle, I've had a hard day :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joey on 2001-06-26 17:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
628 Posts
Joey,

I forgot to mention this in the other thread, but do you know about Sierra Trading Post? Since you are in Cheyenne you might want to check it out. Its out on I80 heading towards Omaha I believe.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/

As for specific suggestions, who knows :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-06-26 17:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
988 Posts
Joey, my favorite "pants" of all time are the old 100% cotton BDU's [solid green] from the 'nam days. Plenty of pockets, stout, and baggy enough to be comfortable but not so loose as to get caught on stuff. If I could find more I would buy them all, but, I can't.

My last ripped-sewn-ripped-sewn thread bare pair just got a ceremonial burning this past weekend. Shot in jeans for about the 3rd time in my life this week, and they don't cut it. So, guess I am looking too.

·
Registered
581 Posts
When I am wearing an AF Team shirt I have to wear Blue BDU pants. They are fine. If I don’t have to wear that silly shirt, you will find me in a Hawaiian shirt and Levi 560's or Khaki BDU's.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
515 Posts
Jeans...which become cut-offs when the knees give out. I use BDU's sometimes, but find the "rise" a little short. I have to go up one size from what my waist would indicate I ought wear to get enough rise. This results in them being awfully baggy.

Rosco

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Nordstrums, button fly RYE jeans. Patagonia, UTILITY pants, North Face "jeans" with the gaiter cut out, REI, synthetics but cna't remember the model. Basically a synthetic BDU that looks better for casual wear. All have good belt loops.

Try the 5.11s though and see if they fit :grin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I prefer BDU's, and Denim, when the temps get up, I have some shorts in both Utility and Denim styles I like....

Just depends on what I am shooting, and when... Also, what rigs I plan on wearing... I don't like the BDU's for IWB.

My favorite pattern is Jungle Tiger, too much Woodland Camo for me years ago :wink: Also, prefer the 100% Cotton (winter) spec over the Cotton/Poly rip stop summer stuff, even in high temps, it wears better for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Patagonia stand up pants or duck pants and the North Face ones are ok, too.

The stand up pants are great because they have douple material at the knees and bottom.

I haven't tried the syntetics in a while. I allways seem to rip the hell out of them before the third time I've worn them. Maybe its time to try again. Maybe I'm just clumsy :grin:

G

·
I guess I'm not as tactically prepared as you guys, most days I am wearing Dockers or light wool Polo dress pants when I get to the range.
For IDPA matches and so forth I will often wear 5.11 pants or Columbia River EXP pants to save the knees in my dress pants.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Royal Robins cargo pants. these are the FBI and DEA issue instructor's pants with the strap on the right hip. Made of cotton canvas with plenty of deep pockets, double stitched throughout, and double reinforced in the knees. Available from Botach Tactical at http://www.botach.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm 6'6" so choices are limited.Wranglers to work,play,buryin's,weddin's. There was a thread on 1911.com about folks pistols checkin' out down the pants leg. Must be some folks with mighty big drawers.ROFLMAO

·
Registered
269 Posts
On 2001-07-07 07:27, mnealtx wrote:
Hey, guys.... correct me if I'm wrong on this... but isn't Levi-Strauss anti?
YES!!! and vehemently so. They supported the PAX groups anti-violence tour and when emailed about it by a large amount of gunowners basically said f-off.
more info here:
http://www.jpfo.org/alert20000126.htm

and after you read that, know that this PAX organization is getting free adverts in us news and world report that look like this:
http://www.paxusa.com/ask.html
ask you nieghbor if they have a gun day august 20th...nice brown shirt moment in Amerika

Eugene

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eugene D. Goodwin on 2001-07-07 13:22 ]</font>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.