Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the secret to get a good-feeling trigger on a Smith auto? I love my 4013TSW, but the trigger has never lightened up to my satisfaction. I changed mainsprings and that helped lighten the DA pull a bit, but it's still too heavy. I've been considering a Performance Center action job, and of course I've heard good things about Teddy Jacobson.
I want to be careful because I don't want to compromise reliability. I don't want light strikes because my gun is not that heavy, so I don't think throwing it at somebody will do me much good.

· Registered
248 Posts
Hmm, I had my local gunsmith (Greg Copeland of Copeland Custom in Ark City, KS) do the trigger work on my wife's 3913. He did lighten the mainspring somewhat, but, as I understand it, the rest of the work was all smoothing and polishing. It went from a gritty 12lb DA pull to what feels like 8 or 9lbs. The SA pull is right at 4lbs and very, very smooth. Never had a problem with light primer strikes or anything else. So, yes, it's possible to do.

Chad

· Registered
218 Posts
I rework a lot of 3 rd GEN sw pistols. You can print my brochure off me website. I did a 3913 for Lou Alessi, Wault Rauch, John Taffin, ask them how they like it. I can give you 9 lbs DA and 5 lbs SA, the factory crown is the worst in the business, and I can recut it to improve the accuracy. Any Questions call me.

Teddy Jacobson / pistolsmith
http://www.actionsbyt.com
281 277 4008
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.