Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Aaron Harris got a pretty good spread in American Handgunner some time ago. His stuff is very very expensive. I would have to say most serious competitors like to tinker with things too much looking for edges, to pay that much for any gun. Whether his stuff works or not I do not know. It is very pretty and he does a lot to the cosmetics to try and be distintive.

·
Registered
548 Posts
He does make pretty stuff. But, as Stuart said, very very expensive. Way expensive. That and my grips look better than his...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
893 Posts
On 2001-06-28 19:48, BK wrote:
The asking price for that open gun featured in AH was $10,000.00 - IIRC he had something like 150 to 200 man hours in it.
:grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mute on 2001-06-28 20:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
ASR, Aaron's guns are flawless in form and function, his craftsmanship and attention to detail are second to none. If you ever have the means to get one you won't be sorry. SHPD closed it's doors about 8 months ago so there isn't much chance in getting a new one but you may be able to find a used one for sale though I have never seen one posted for sale.

Mute, no flame intended here but I would GLADLY trade 10 Vickers guns for one from Smoking Hole.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You know there's a pink pistol on another thread around here...Maybe we need a new classification!

..."Pretty In Pink & Purple"

·
Registered
2 Posts
gyp_c2 Hey, that's pretty funny! I guess everyone could be fit into one classification or another, the only problem with classifying, "segregating", is you may make the true inovators in ANY industry a little apprehensive about showing their work. You have to admit some people who think OUTSIDE of the box come up with some pretty cool stuff!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
If they couldn't laugh at themselves a little, they wouldn't be able to innovate anything. Anyone with guts enough to try and change the staus quo is used to poking fun at themselves. The fact is I applaud anyone that is willing to take a chance and try something different. I'm sure the builder wouls be the first to understand and accept exactly the point I was making... If you can't ...well...Maybe you should...

Anyone that can't see the humour in these pistols is too serious...They took the opposite track from the "super tach" route and I happen to think it's hilarious...I'll bet they do too...:wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.