Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
On 2001-05-07 15:09, Dane Burns wrote:
Call would typically be to the shooter if the SO/RO is a fair enough guy. Problem I see is that the guys who generally end up being SOs aren't interesed in fair per say :roll:
Having been an SO at the Nationals also, please do not put all of us into that catagory. But I know what you are talking about.

With respect to the question, would you have gotten the call from me, more than likely. Would I have been put out with you for pulling out the rule book that says I have to go with your call because that is best for you, more than likely.

Being a SO/RO is about two things, being safe and being fair. That applies to you and to all the other shooters. I do not use templates, I use my and everyone elses eyes around me. When I am running the clock, I do not pay a lot of attention to the targets. I am watching you, the shooter, more specifically your weapon. Only, after the weapon is safe will I look at the targets. When I am scoring, I can be pretty sure if you had a "double" or a "miss". Everybody gets the same call, not calls by who you are or what you are.

To appeal a decision by an SO/RO, your only recourse is the Match Director. He can let it stand, give it to you, or reshoot. He made the decision, you had to reshoot it.

· Registered
271 Posts
On 2001-05-08 00:04, Dane Burns wrote:
Hi John :grin: I meant it as a joke hence the :roll: When it comes to fair, the quality and speed of the match being ran compared to the shooter who has just shot the perfect double ,that a overlay didn't show, wouldn't make me a "fair" SO in the shooters mind.
<font size=-1></font>
That's not really what I am referring to. I have seen SO's who "change" how they run a stage depending on who the shooter is. Give one shooter a procedural for not using cover properly, while the next does the same and does not get one. Let one have all the time they need to get ready, start another before they are ready. Give one the "double", another a "miss". The point being, it is not right.

That's how I took it, and maybe I should not have. Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.