Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot in a IDPA major match this weekend and this happened to me:
I shot the first stage, 1 shot to T1-T6, slide lock reload, repeat T1-T6, slide lock reload, repeat. 18 shots at 12 yards, one point down.
Next stage was three targets at 3 yards, two to each. The SO called one shot a miss, I said it was a double(dead center)How could I miss a whole target at three yards after he just saw me shoot the last stage, and one of the other shooters said it looked like a double to him. The SO pulled out an overlay and declared a miss. I showed him a rule IDPA book that said any disagreement is always awarded to the shooter, he said its a miss. They called the Match Director over and he made me shoot it over. Both strings(2 to each body and 2 to each head).
I ended up missing a head shot(being a little upset about the ruling).

Heres the Question. If your a SO and someone disagrees with your call, what do you do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jm10mm on 2001-05-07 14:42 ]</font>

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the great discussion. The double in question wasn't a perfect double. I saw it and another shooter saw it. But the real question was about the inconsistant calls from match to match. IDPA in fact spells this situation out, the call "Always goes to the shooter" It's in the question about scoring section of the rule book,second paragraph. Thanks

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dane , I think you hit the nail on the head. There are alot of SO's from the other sports. IDPA needs to make the SO's role clearer. Thanks Again

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome Ted. At one of the Major Todd J called a double when everyone clearly saw him launch one over top, they gave it to him. I clearly know when I launch one and never argue but when your on you can tell where each shot goes. At three yards its hard to mistake when you know you squeezed all the shots clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.