Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you forumites going to be in Atlanta on June 9-10 for the Advanced Pistol Course? I'll be there and thought it might be enjoyable to get together and gag down a cold one or two on Saturday night. Also, what are you bringing for guns and leather?

·
Registered
25 Posts
David, I will be attending the class in Atlanta. I will be shooting my Wilson pistol, and my Kimber PRO CDP as a back-up. I have one of the Rangermaster holsters made by Rusty Sherrick that I plan to use. I'll probably bring a Blade-tech rig as extra. I've got 1000 rounds ready, and will probably have a few more just in case. E-mail me direct and let's compare notes on all the "gear" you plan to bring.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Funny you guys should ask. I just got off the phone with Ken. Headhunter is correct and he spoke from experience. There is not much time for socializing after the Saturday night class, and after 13 hours of standing around, the shower and then lights out for me. Please arrive at the range by 8:30am and be ready to fight. Have your gears on.
Guys, you need to also bring a good flashlight, Sure Fire would be excellent. Bring some kind of cooler with ice and LOTS of water, the range is far from the club house and there's not enough time to fetch water from the hill. Bring a hat and sun block cream, it's going to be hot. And just in case, rain gear.
And don't forget your gun ! Believe it or not, last year one guy forgot his gat.
If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will be there. Shooting my Chicken gun. Kimber stainless with some extra attention form SDM Fabricating. Concept VII as alternate. Holster net yet decided as I have several on the way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
On 2001-05-28 08:46, gselph wrote:
I will be there. Shooting my Chicken gun. Kimber stainless with some extra attention form SDM Fabricating. Concept VII as alternate. Holster net yet decided as I have several on the way.
I hope your Chicken gun (aka King of the Feedway stoppage) don't choke like the last time. :smile: If it does choke, let's hope Headhunter don't see it.

I'll be using the Tactical Tupperware, G19, the world's best CQB weapon. :smile:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll be there! I'll be bringing my Glocks, Sirefire and a promise not to heckle if the chicken gun burps.
Don't forget to bring some carry ammo. If I'm not mistaken you'll need it for the night shoot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayonaise on 2001-05-28 14:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like our forum will be well represented at Mr. Hackathorn's gig! :smile: I'm already so jacked up about it that I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on day to day business; fortunately, an old friend from Maine is coming down to fish with me for a week, so that should keep me occupied.

Many thanks for all the suggestions. Will definately arrive with cooler and sunblock in tow. Sounds like a pretty rigorous session on Saturday! :grin:

Note to self: Change diet from porkrinds and beer to brown rice and spring water between now and class. Think pure thoughts...

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
After the "dude" runs you through a couple of snake drills and the box and then gives you the "live" fire, you are gonna be wishing you'd burned that extra 2500 rounds last week instead of gone fish'in :grin:

And the diet of choice will be red meat....chared...dripping blood of course :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-05-28 19:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no doubt that you are right, Bwana Dane. Maybe I could combine disciplines by pulling a Hemingway and shooting the fish as I get them to the boat. I'll try not to pop myself in the leg though. :roll:

I'll go along with the prescribed diet as well. Gotta kepp that cholesterol count up where it belongs! :grin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
FYI....don't forget the body armor if you have it! I attended one of Kens classes 2 years ago in Wheeling. Our class didn't end til after 11PM Saturday! What a great class! Ken is by far the BEST instructor out there...bar none. I've been to several of the big names. Ken is a straight shooter (had to put that in there!). He tells it exactly like it is with no fluff at all. From firearms to holsters to ammunition, his opinion is valued greatly! Now I'm envious of you folks! By the way, we had 2 women in the class and they performed all the drills perfectly!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mike,
I didn't steal your brass, you old man!
And what "stock" 1911 do you have to shoot in the class? Thought you'd be shootin' the chicken gun or the Dane Burns BBQ gun.
Is Cupcake making lunch for everybody or just her man?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.