Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I'm in the correct forum/topic area...looking for advice on a couple of...or a double speed loader pouches made out of leather. I'm really looking for brown leather. Doesn't have to be real fancy but the only ones I can find so far are in mid-south? These are black leather. I'm using HKS speedloaders for a Ruger 357 GP100 and right now I have those nasty butt nylon jobbers! Don't like em'. So all input is welcom.

Sgt Steve

·
Registered
350 Posts
Something you may want to consider is getting a speedloader pouch and also a carrier that holds six individual rounds. I am not much of a revolver guy (but I like them), but I read this in "The modern technique of the pistol" (gunsite book) and it stated there that it is good to have both. One for a full reload and one for a tactical reload where you only pluck out two or three rounds. Makes sense to me, but your needs may vary.
Good luck whatever you get.
Jake

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now that you bring up the individual rounds, I've been seeking the six round belt slide for 38/357.

These used to be common, for the reason already mentioned, but are no longer made AFAIK. You put the bullet loops in front of the holster and, if you fire a few rounds
(1) duck,
(2) open the cylinder and push the extractor rod a mite.,
(3) pluck out the empties, then
(4) fill the empty chambers from the loops.

Sound slow? Mark Fricke, adjunct instructor for NRA Law Enforcement, was using just that technique last May. At a Phoenix IALEFI Regional, he used revolver only. He also kept up and sometimes beat instructors armed with semi-autos.

It does my old heart good to see that.

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.