Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a springfield that i bought new in early 2000. i think it was a older production gun, anyway it has a NM prefix on serial number and no brazilian markings anywhere. i haven't seen any others with the NM an fellow at the range was saying it was a national match gun, i feel he is full of poop. whats up with the prefix? also this gun had a satin stainless finish, ext.thumb safety and slide release, wood grips and mil spec sights and and grip safety, it also had the old style rear cocking serrations. is this an odd equipped gun or standard issue for the time?

·
Registered
579 Posts
A friend picked up a used SA with serial No. NM-13xxxx that has a mat finish with mil. spec. sights.

The standard grip safety appears to be aluminum and has a full length guide rod but that might have been added by the previous owner along with finger grove wrap a round rubber grips with hex head grip screws. We thought it might have been a basic 1911-A1 style from SA. We have no idea about the use of NM in the serial no.

It shoots about everything with no ftf for a $400 gun. Mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mike, Randall
If you go to springfieldarmory.com you can ask them about the serial number. They will tell you when it was made and the configuration it was made in. I asked them about an early TRP and they got back to me via e-mail in one day.

Hope this helps.
Long live the 1911

·
Registered
269 Posts
FWIW my Milspec operator starts out "NM" and has no Imbel markings or date but my Loaded starts with just an "N" and has the Imbel Markings and is dated 2000.

hth,
Eugene

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eugene D. Goodwin on 2001-09-25 21:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
http://www.springfield-armory.com/index.html

If you'll check out the site and the archives at 1911forum.com...you'll see more than you wanted to know I'm sure.
In short...SAs' factory is in Brazil. There are a FEW models fitted and finished in the USA...Almost all the production pistols are made, fitted, and finished in Brazil. You can contact SA for info on the models that are fitted and finished here...More than likely...it will be the TRP Pro, The Trophy Match and anything that is custom ordered will be done by Dave Williams and crew at the SA Custom Shop...

[email protected]

I have an SA Champion that I've had for almost a year...It was ok for a while, but I had to replace the ejector, extractor, safety and buff it up a little...It's totally trustworthy now...They are a good place to "start"... and the pistols from the Custom Shop are at a different level than the
rest of the production pistols. They are getting better all the time according to the posts I've seen and from other owners comments I've seen. You can contact me at [email protected] if you need anything further...

...no matter where ya' go

...there ya' are...

...BanZai from the 8th

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gyp_c2 on 2001-10-04 18:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had some problems with mine and sent it back to SA and they ended up replacing the frame in the custom shop and the frame to slide fit is excellent, no slop whatsoever dave and the crew there do a great job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.