Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings,
You would think that to be true, but I once inquired as such of Mr. Mitch Rosen and I had my proverbial head chewed off. Must be nice to be so busy as to not need to do custom work...
Gonzo

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greetings,
I stand corrected.
I just received an e-mail from Mitch Rosen saying that squared trigger guard holsters ARE available, by special order.
Custom holsters for custom pistols, life is good.
Gonzo

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings,
Thanks for the links Roscoe. I must have caught Mr. Rosen at a bad moment the first time I inquired.
I can't wait to have an ARG for my soon-to-be built Briley Carry Comp w/squared trigger guard.
YES!
Gonzo

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd second the recommendation for Tony Kanaley at Milt Sparks. He's a great guy to work with, very accommodating and willing to spend time on the phone making sure that you get exactly what you want. He'll even steer you away from holsters that might not be appropriate for your gun or method of carry.

Lou Alessi is a true gentleman as well. I'm eagerly awaiting my Burns/Alessi GWH, and the Alessi ankle holster I've had for the last couple of years is absolutely top notch.

I don't know much about Rosen holsters. I've never owned one. They do seem a bit expensive compared to other makers of comparable quality.

Chad

edited for spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chad Ward on 2001-06-22 10:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greetings,
It appears that my initial concern of not being able to located a quality holster maker who's product line includes holsters designed for 1911s with squared trigger guards was unfounded. I just received an e-mail from Steve at Rafters Gunleather http://www.raftersgunleather.com/ stating that his company makes such holsters, and for NO additional charge.
Looks like my holster collection is about to expand...
Gonzo

G

·
I also have a square trigger guard 1911 and I really do love the ARG DL, it is my #1 holster, I own more than a few of them.
Are you sure you were speaking with Mitch Rosen himself, If so I am really surprised he responded in that manner, I know the reputation that follows him on the internet, but I have always found him to be a gentleman and a very good business man.

Several years back I had one of the first P7M10s in the USA and Mitchell was the only person I could find with the experience and knowledge of the gun and he spent well over an hour on the phone with me on three separate occasions discussing the gun and his holster design thoughts. I then ordered two through a local/range store here in PA, they are really good holsters of very high quality.

Recently I have also purchased several pieces of Rosen gear through Terry Peters and I like it a great deal.

As to other makers, I think the guys have mentioned some really good ones and I am liking Lou Alessi's work more and more as I continue to see nothing but good things coming from his shop, Lou is actually helping me to develop the “right” holster for my N frame carry guns and he is easy to work with and very quick to pick up on what I am explaining in non-holster speak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.