Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like an single action 9mm closely resembling the 1911 design. I know it doesn't have a grip safety, but what other differences are there between it and the 1911.

There is a evaluation of it (star model B) in the Cruffler site. Anyone here have experiance with this 9mm?

Price is affordable on these Stars, but is the quality there, or is it just another sinker?

G

·
I have had great luck with my Star BM and I am sure their bad rap comes from a long time ago. The Star Model B is larger but will provide good service. A friend of mine carried one in Viet Nam. Regards, Richard

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello. I've owned a couple of these over the years and currently have one. Early ones didn't like to feed flat-nosed JHPs too much, but the last one I got does fine.

The gun shoots OK, but is not nearly so accurate as an out of the box Kimber or anything.

I wouldn't shoot loads of Plus P in one as I'm told the steel's somewhat soft on these older Stars.

The Model B is a fun gun to shoot and with ammo it likes does around 3 to 4" at 25 yards.

I had to alter the sights on my current Model B as it hit about a
ft. hight at 25 yards.

Best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.