Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there have any info on the Star model B or the super B? Are they reliable or well made?

They are single action, 9mm, and resemble the 1911. What's your opinion?

· Registered
486 Posts
An individual Star may be a good pistol. The trouble is that they vary so much it is difficult to generalize. I had a PD when they first came out and, while it was conceptually very nice, it was so soft that it was battering itself toward unserviceability with very limited use.

Some friends of mine had a classmate in their Gunsite API250 class who was a NYC restuarant owner. He came to class with a PD. The little Star beat itself to death by mid-week and the student finished the class with a loaner 1911.

Besides all this, Star is out-of-business now. Thus repair parts, magazines, etc. will likely be a problem as time goes on.

I would pass on this Spanish blaster, unless you can get it so cheaply that you can consider it disposable.

Rosco

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rosco Benson on 2001-08-13 08:40 ]</font>

· Registered
2,110 Posts
Hello. I currently own one Star Model B. It's a decent arm for the money, but even though it's all steel and full-size, I would not recommend shooting anything really "hot" through it in very large quantities.

Mine's been reliable and fairly accurate as well, but as Mr. Benson points out, this pistol is no longer imported and spare parts could so easily be a major problem.

Best.

· Registered
5 Posts
I have had a Model B for years. Got it in the box with a military holster for $95. The gun was nearly new, tight, and clean. The trigger is lousy as are most military pistols. It could use some decent sights and a lot of other refinements if you really had to have them. It functions well with FMJ ammo and groups that would kill you at short range. I don't have any complaints other than I should have bought more for less than a sawbuck. It is a shooter/car gun/knockaround. Go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.