Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the above weapons measure up in terms of quality, reliability, and accuracy?

What type of durability could I expect?

Though the differences in these units are small it appears the Edge is better, but the Executive more expensive--chrome and all..or am I missing something??

Is there anyone who carrys these in stock?

WOuld you suggest a different weapon?

Thanks

Comparing these to a custom 1911.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had an Edge .40 and it is a great gun, very accurate and reliable but a bit large and heavy for comfortable concealed carry. when i ordered it STI had it on a 2 week wait. they have some guns in stock.

shay

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Executive is basically an Edge with a few more goodies. Exec has Stainless mag well, Dawson fiber optic front sight, gray grip and is hardchromed. Tripp Research does the hardchrome for STI and the several guns I've seen done by Tripp including a friend's new STI Grandmaster are gorgeous.

My Edge choked a few times in the first 100 or so rounds using STD length 40 ammo but after that initial break in, a good cleaning and lube and using 1.200" OAL ammo, it had been 100% reliable since. I don't personally know anybody with real high round counts through a stock or nearly so STI, but I know at least two people who are over 100,000 rounds on their STI frames and they are holding up fine. STI stuff is high quality and manufactured from good materials. You won't find half the parts breaking like a Para.

I did have EGW do a trigger job on my Edge. It came from the factory around 3 lbs and it's now about 2 lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.