Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
I have one in .45acp that became a .40Super pics of it are over in the accessories board. Good gun, good value for the dollar, not exceptional but very good just the same.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have Trojan in .45 ACP. I only have about 600 rounds through it so far but it has been 100% reliable with factory RN, some standard and low-power RN, and Triton 230 gr. +P. Fit and finish is much better than any of my Kimbers. I think it's the best 1911 under $1000.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of your prompt positive replies. I have been looking at the Trojan for the past year and my local dealer has a new one for sale for $930.00. Here are some of the positive aspects that I like about the gun: I like the way the front frame strap is done; I think frame checking looks great on a gun but definitely not user friendly. I also like the way the front/rear sight dovetail cuts are made, and the dull blue finish, and the gun seems extremely tight. My only negative feeling on the gun is the front grasping groves on the slide, which is the current rage. Thanks Pat Reddin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why don’t I care for front grasping groves on the .45 slide:
1.I ’m a traditional type gun guy and I think one of the most distinguishing looks of the Colt type pistol is that long beautiful clean slide flats.
2.I see no useful purpose unless you have a scope mounted .45.
3.I have also learned and believe that you never load check or load a .45 by grasping the front of the slide. Too close to the muzzle for my comfort.
4.It would also seem to be hard on a holster.
P.S. Also don’t like Glocks or any other plastic pistol.
Thanks Pat R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.