Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn't get to shoot one but I did have the opportunity to look one over and the quality of workmanship and materials is identical to my STI Eagle. It is significantly lighter than my Kimber Compact. The only reason I don't have one for CCW is I prefer the thinner grip of a single stack though the difference isn't great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stipilot on 2001-05-14 08:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
581 Posts
A guy a shoot with has one and I got to shoot it a few weeks ago. Nice gun. I was really impressed. Got me thinking about building another STI it did. Like I needed an excuse though...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks sweet, but I have a question why not just go with the Para P13 Alloy? You'll get a pistola with roughly the same weight, 13 round coupons (still there hopefully) and 1/3 the price!

Okay, now all you anti Para folks can light up the flame throwers, but my Para P12, P13 and P16 (converted to 10mm) have all been champs of reliablity and quite durable (outside of that crap finish the 12/13 have!) with several thousand rounds of ammo through them.

Derek

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Para P-16 made about 25,000 rounds but everything but the frame, slide, and barrel was replaced by 10,000. It was time for a new barrel and tightening up the slide to frame fit but since Accurails are the only way a Para will stay tight (soft frames...) it cost no more to sell the Para and add the cost of the accuracy job to buy a new STI.

One of my STIs is up to about 15,000 for the price of a few recoil springs, some Hoppes #9, and some Kellube.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stipilot on 2001-05-15 13:07 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts