Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I tried and STI trojan at the local range today...WOW! How would this compare to a Kimber Gold Combat, SA TRP, etc. etc.? In other words is this a good piece for the money?
Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
205 Posts
There's another thread on the Trojan in the Semi-Custom forum:

http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.ph ... &forum=5&7

I personally think the Trojan is an excellent value when compared to Kimbers, Springfields and Colts at similar price points. There is a ton of hand-fitting on the STI (even my thumb safety has the gun's serial number marked on it), and the internals are high quality tool steel -- none of the MIM stuff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have 2 Kimbers and an STI Trojan. The STI is a better gun than the Kimbers - better fit & finish, more accurate, better action, more reliable ( 0 failures on first 600 rounds or so on the STI though only 2 or 3 in the first 100 of the two Kimbers -- hardly a problem). If I were to buy another today, I'd get another STI.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Too bad they are so U-G-L-Y.
I dunno, my wife's hardchromed STI/EGW .38 Super open gun is very pretty with its purple grip and purple anodized Dawson basepads.
And she never has to worry about me shooting it when my open gun is unavailable for one reason or another. Did it once and never heard the end of "shooting a girl gun"!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.