Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
The gun is now junk, and you should send it to me immediately, and I will dispose of it :grin:

Sadly... Without seeing how it's stripped, and some other details, it's hard to say what the options are...

If you don't possess some good mechanical skills, and a variety of tools to accomplish the task, you may want to send it off to a pro...

You may be able to save the grip panel, you may not, depends on the material, and how it's frozen.

You may need to use a grinder or drill to remove the head, and use a bushing tool or stud removing tool to remove the remains.

Just hard to say what the best course is without seeing it.

If you have ANY doubts of possibly inflicting damage, send it out... It'll cost you less in the long run :wink:

Good Luck...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
For a dollar, I'll tell you that Brownells' sells a tool that might get that out for ya',after all, sounds like you'll be hangin' a shingle pretty soon :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it stripped out and stuck in the frame . If so take it to a Smith .

Is the bushing coming out with the grip screw still attached , if so heres a little trick I use , a wire tie plastic type , wrap it or fold it along each side of the bushing threads , clamp onto it tightly with vise grips , the hard plastic will conform to the threads and lock on tightly , then just unscrew the screw with a hollow ground driver .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.