Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal,my friend bought a S&W 357sig at a pawn shop.The gun came as is no box or papers:no information about the gun basically.The guy at the pawn shop told him that they dont make them any more!We would like to know when they stoped making these guns,where to find parts and if we can find high cap magazines for it.Thanks

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

That would be a Sigma. S&W doesn't sell *exactly* the same model, but does still make the SW40VE which is a slightly improved version of the same gun in .40S&W.

You should just be able to get parts from S&W without any problem. Heck, they still sell magazines for the defunct 10xx pistols, so I'm sure you can get Smegma... er I mean Sigma parts.

BTW, .40S&W and .357 Sig magazines are usually exactly the same except for being stamped ".357 Sig" instead of ".40S&W." You probably won't find any hicaps marked ".357 Sig," but there are .40S&W hicaps out there for the Sigma that should work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-06-05 09:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-06-05 09:44 ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts