Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my muzzleloader bullets the other day and got to wondering about loading some of these in .45 Cases. If you have not seen them they are a polymer tipped 250 gr .45 caliber bullet. I was wondering if maybe someone here had tried them or even had some good load data for a 250 in a .45. Thanks, Sean

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you are bored, try this: Melt the lead out of a jacketed hollow point, and replace it with epoxy. Then load it over ba heavy charge of a fast burning powder. I got a 36gr. .357 bullet to go 2400fps out od a 4" revolver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used some of these heavy bullets successfully in a Volunteer Arms Commando 45 using Unique and 2400 powders and sized to .452.

Just wondering if there are any problems using them in a Colt Govt or similar handgun using a heavy recoil spring.

In an article "Taffin Tests..the .45 ACP" in American Handgunner Nov/Dec 1988, John Taffin implies that all the loads presented could be used in the self-loaders. However, test loads for the 250gr Keith bullets were fired from a 6" S&W revolver.

Max loads he suggested for 250gr Keith were 2400 15.0gr; Unique 7.5gr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.