Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've been sticking with Hi-Tec Magnums both on patrol and for tactical team use. Tried several variations of Rockies and didn't think they held up well. I've found the Hi-tecs to be more comfortable, more durable, and less expensive. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dane,

The GSG9 boots seem real popular if you can afford them. The Feds sure like them! While the Hi Tech are affordable, they are really just a high tennis shoe with the same type construction. I had to have the sole reglued on my recently.

Rob

·
Registered
42 Posts
My vote goes to Danner. I am currently on my second pair, not that anything is wrong with the first. They by far offer the most comfort and best bang for the buck I've experienced. They can be resoled and rebuilt by Danner. Use to be a Rocky 911 man, but the Danners have them beat also... Stay Safe

·
Registered
934 Posts
Danner Acadia uninsulated.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do like the GSG9s. They are too expensive though. Unless of course you get them for free :grin: A buddy hooked me up with resoling them in 5.10 sticky rubber. Now they are what they should be and last almost forever. I'll look up the info when I get time. I'm gone for a week as of the AM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-04-23 12:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dane, Danners are second to none. Acadia (cordura)or Olympic(leather). They hold up forever and can be easily resoled by Danner. I think I'm up to five pair and have worn the heck out of them. It's what you say about paying up front....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gotta love the Danners! My current set is about to die, they are big, black and ugly but they offer mucho support and after 18 hours I am still good to go!

Do you uys perfer Steel Toe or No?

Bud

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a pair of Danner boots for every occasion. High, low, insulated, uninsulated, protective toe, on duty, off duty, etc. They are the best I have ever tried.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have used mag hi tech boots, and really liked them, this last year though i got talked into tryong a different pair. i tried bates, and i don't like them. they have not held up near as well as the hi tech's. in july i will get my clothing allowance and i am going to go back to high tech's. even though i am in a patrol car, i walk alot, and the bates tread just hasn't held up very well. and they are not as comfortable.

russel the cop

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've worn Danners since 86 and love them Tried a couple of pairs of Hi Tec's but they wore out really quick. Also tried Rockies and Bates with no joy.

Danner's are the best boot money can buy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just switched to the waterproof Black Hawk Air-Tac, manufactured by Ridge. So far, they seem to be very comfortable and practical. These are the same boots that the HK pro shop sells. Be safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
DANNERS.... All the way....

Just bought my first pair, they were $180 @ the local police supply, but well wurth it.

I have worn them for upwards of 22 hours at a time with out problems. They are amazing.

I find myself wearing them off duty too, just cause I love them so much.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am a die hard Danner man, but for Dane and those who may lean toward Adidas Botach has them on sale now I believe for $139... at Botachtactical.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought a pair of Original Swat zippersides a few months ago and have been very pleased with them.

Construction is top notch and I haven't seen a seam start to go yet. I wear these boots all day everyday, at work and at home.

My only complaint is that they aren't as slip-resistant as the company would have you believe. That lug sole as a whole lot of jump and jungle in its design, not the athletic shoe.

Overall, I highly recommend them if you are looking for a great fit, great comfort, and serious durability. Just watch your footing.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dane,

What's the scoop on having the GSG9 resoled? I heard there is an outfit in Colorado that will do it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts