Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home with my new Glock 27 yesterday, I opened up the plastic box they come in and found a small, brown, sealed invelope in it along with the other usual items. Having bought several Glocks before, I was curious to what this was. It had the make/model and serial # of the gun I had bought, and a testing date on it. It was signed by a Glock assoc. Inside it were two, .40 casings. This I asume are from the two rounds that were used at Glock Inc. to test fire my gun. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before?.... Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
If you lived in Maryland and I believe there are several other states that require them also, your ffl dealer would have taken them out and given them to the state along with gun/personal info at time of sale. This is so they wil be able to match casings to the gun at aa crime scene when our gun turns evil!!!! If you dont live in a state that requires this then pistol manuf/dealers just leave them in box.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but my brother did work for the OSI for a while. (Air Force version of the FBI). I spoke with him about this and he told me that it was also an issue of matching a firing pin strike on the primer. At the microscopic level they are all as different as fingerprints I believe. Of course we can buy a replacement barrel and swap out the firing pin. I don't like the idea much of registering casings much myself, but if I ever have to shoot someone I am standing by at the scene for the police. This may help the authorities to catch someone who desperately needs a pair of complimentary bracelets and new federal housing. I don't see this being able to bite a law abiding citizen in the ass to hard. Anyone have another take on this? The topic is intersting to me.
Jake

·
Registered
39 Posts
This does work. In 1980 I owned a Detonics 45 and it went "Full auto" on me, I sent it in for repairs. I then sold the gun a few months later (1981 no paper work was required in CA). About a year later I got a call at the fire station. Seems my little gun was involved in a murder in Indiana. The state tropper told me that all he had was spent cases and he had sent them to all the makeres in the US... Bingo, My gun matched the cases and My name and number also came up... Glad I was 2000 miles away and was at work the day the murder was done... I did not know that some gun makers are now adding this to there little games.. anyway,,, It does work, so be careful... Michael,

·
Registered
705 Posts
I personally don't like giving them anything. In a perfect world, with reasonable people, there would not be a debate on the what the 2nd Amendment means and gunowners would be considered "Real Americans" by the elitist in our society. As it stand today, it seems our 2nd Amendment rights suffer with every new idea created by the elite in this country. If not at the start, sometime down the road.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.