Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Art of Peacemaking: The Gun Sculpture

Number of Weapons:
More than 7,000 weapons were deactivated by the artists before being welded into place. Most were deactivated with a plasma torch, which completely destroys one side of the firearm — even though it looks in perfect shape.

Types of Weapons:
Sawed-off shotguns, machine and sub-machine guns, semi-automatic weapons, mortars, handguns, zip guns, knives, antique firearms (including flintlocks), anti-tank and anti-personnel mines and rockets. All are either military donations or crime seizures, and many have been cut up, with pieces used in different areas of the sculpture.

Provenance of Weapons:
Police forces, armies, peace initiatives and communities from around the world, including significant contributions of time and weaponry from the South African Police Service, the Guardia Civila (Spain) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Other nations which have donated weapons include Nicaragua, Jamaica, South Korea and Spain.

For more info, goto C.W.M. Programmes and Activities

JPFO ALERT: General Motors Anti-Gun?

KABA: GM and the Gun Sculpture by David Codrea

Some call this "Art", I call it TRASH.

------------------
Molon Labe!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frank Sottile on 2001-06-29 07:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
628 Posts
Disgusting

If certatin folks were to have there way, these would be OUR guns :sad: I read today
that Sarah Brady and HCI and the Million Commie Mommies are merging into one group. Get off your butts folks, and stop these people!

On a side note, I also heard today (unconfirmed as of yet) that K-Mart is going
to STOP selling ammunition in there stores nationwide, based on protests from Columbine students and a film maker named Micheal Moore. Give them a piece of your mind! If you get a response post it here in a new thread.

Phone Call toll-free: 1-866-KMART 4 U (1-866-562-7848)
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
The actual title for this should read:

A piece of trash that represents the 10s of MILLIONS of people in many countries and cultures that have been killed because they were disarmed first by their governments and then murdered, just in the 20th Century.

History judges art.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dane makes a great point here. Imagine if the Jews in Nazi Germany had all of those guns? Hitler would have had a harder time doing his dirty work! Something to think about.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more effcient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
---and NOT by Adolph Hitler, as pointed out by JLM, in his post below.

THANKS JLM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frank Sottile on 2001-06-30 12:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
628 Posts
Frank, I hate to burst your bubble, because I'm definitely with you on the RKBA issues, but the Hitler quote is in fact bogus. I didn't realize that myself until I came accross this page last week:

http://www.saf.org/pub/rkba/general/Bog ... Quotes.htm

Here's what they say about the quote:

Adolf Hitler

Perhaps the most infamous bogus quote is attributed to Adolf Hitler. Usually, the questionable passage reads as follows:

1935 will go down in History! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead to the future!

Note: This passage sometimes features different punctuation and slight wording changes including a beginning of, ‘For the first time in history, a....’ Various citations include: Adolf Hitler, April 15, 1935, in address to the Reichstag; Adolf Hitler 1935 'Berlin Daily' (Loose English Translation) April 15th, 1935 Page 3 Article 2 by Einleitung Von Eberhard Beckmann -"Abschied vom Hessenland!". "Adolf" is sometimes misspelled as ‘Adolph’ on the Internet.

While the above 'quote' makes a nice T-shirt, there are numerous problems with this alleged statement. (1) It violates the rule of not beginning a sentence with a number. (2) It isn’t phrased in Hitler’s style. (3) Major changes to the German gun laws occurred in 1928 and 1931 (under the Weimar Republic) and in 1938 (under the Nazi’s). No significant changes happened in the gun registration laws in 1935. Furthermore, the changes in 1928 and 1931 were designed to disarm the Nazis and Communists and therefore it is doubtful that Hitler would trumpet the success of any law aimed at his goon squads.

It looks better for us if we can stick with known and proven anti-gun quotes. Adds to our credibility. And god knows there are enough verified ones out there :sad:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have always been amazed at how otherwise intelligent people blame tools for the damage done by thinking humans.

Then again I may be wrong on the "intelligent people" bit" Anti gun activists always remind me of what I call the typical anti social teenager. You know the ones, you see them in malls, mickeyD parking lots, their hair is usually purple and black, their clothes are ragged and piercings and tattoos abound. They hang around in groups like a herd of sheep, re-assuring each other about how unique and different and better than everyone else they are.

Never mind, I have to go to the boys room to show my disgust.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JLM, Thanks for the FACTS, and the URL to that GREAT Web Page.

Well, I'll forward this Tom (last name withheld) whom has this printed on the back side of his business cards, for that is where I copied it from.

But how about these;
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will do the plowing for those who didn't."
AND
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States."
---Noah Webster, "A Citizen of America," Philadelphia, 1787, in Debate on the Constitution, Vol. 1, p.155

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frank Sottile on 2001-06-30 13:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
628 Posts
Frank,

You shouldn't feel bad about using that quote. I myself have used it on a couple of occassions, before I found out that it was bogus.

Its better for all of us to stick to the proven material that's out there. The anti gunners will do ANYTHING they possibly can to take away our credibility, and to win the propaganda war. We must rise above :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.