Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking over Mr DiFabio's article 'The Choice' again, it reminded me that my choices for country versus city are different. For country I would almost always choose wide, flat-nose cast lead bullets in an heavy weight for the given cailbre, but city tend toward JHPs (XTP or GD).
Is there any reason why choosing a 200/230gr LSWC in .45 or a 180/200gr LSWC 10mm for defence is inferior to one of the 'premium' JHP loadings? Is one really doing any service by going with the expanding bullet?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: telackey on 2001-08-21 19:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
199 Posts
The only draw back of SWC bullets maybe feeding reliablity in semi auto guns. I think the Hornady 230 gr. flatpoint bullet would be a great "social" round. Jeff Cooper recommends this load.

I like flat points because they penetrate much deeper than jhp bullets and cut a wider wound channel than a round nosed bullet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JM on 2001-08-21 19:49 ]</font>

G

·
telackey,
take a look at my response under the thread "a question for David DiFabio".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-08-21 19:59 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.