Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once I get it I'll post a full range report here with lots of pictures. Dane's work was limited to fixing what was broke, fitting a Bar-Sto barrel, cutting & crowning it, and a Videcki trigger @ 5lbs.

Pre-BCP work included:

Wilson Combat full-length steel guide rod
Wolff 24lb heavy duty recoil spring
Wilson Combat extended tactical thumb safety
Novak low-mount sights with tritium inserts
Smith & Alexander beavertail grip safety
Frame and slide re-finished
Colt 8-round magazines with Wolff XP springs

2 gunsmiths, 7 different brands of parts... think of it as the "Feral Pig" (like Dane's "HOG," only uglier and of more dubious lineage :grin:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-07-10 12:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Dane is sending it out tomorrow by 2nd day Fed Ex. Turns out the problem was a f***ed up trigger courtesy of the previous gunsmith. There will be some good shootin' Friday! :grin: :grin: :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-07-10 21:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
628 Posts
What was f***ed up with the trigger, exactly?

Hopefully, I TOO, shall soon have a Delta Elite. Not gonna f*** around either, and have some local work on it (well I guess CT Brian would be 'local' he's like 150 miles away I think :grin:), will prolly send it to Dane after I brown bag my lunches for a couple months :lol:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suffice it to say that the part was a POS to start with and the guy didn't do anything to lock up the set screw. Oh yeah, it turns out nothing was holding in the front sight either. :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.