Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will try to post some photos of a pistol Richard built in the late 70's. It is #RH17.
A full house gun at the time w/ some cool stuff that he just does not do any more.
It is a goverment model. I'll send the pics and a description to Dane.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Enjoy!

Attached are photos of RH16. This pistol is a govt. model that Dick built for a friend in 1978. It has some really cool features that Dick does not do any more. Here is a list of what was done. This was pretty much everything You could do to a 45 at the time. To start the gun has the following
Bra-sto barrel and bushing
trigger job
reliability job
beveled mag well
20 lpi checkering on front strap and main spring housing ( by hand, of course )
Swenson ambi safety
Short ajustable trigger
The slide is where this gun gets interesting,
S & W K-frame sights w/ red ramp front sight
the top of the slide has a flat milled on the top which does not show in the photos, and then it was hand stippeled w/ a french border. the back of the slide is CHECKERED @ what looks like 25 lpi, including the head of the extractor. All by hand. The ejection port has been opened and contoured and even the end of the guide rod has been checkered.
My friend, who is a retired 1st Sgt W the 6th cav. said he paid $200 for the gun and $400 for the work, which includes the hard chrome finish. And before you ask, no it is not for sale. I have been trying for years. I also have access to RH88, a commander Dick built in 1981, and I own RH125, originally built as a comp gun but converted to a commander, that is my daily off duty carry gun.

Skip ahead almost 25 years and you get this :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-05 14:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
79 Posts
The rear of the Slide was checkered 30 LPI.
The Front Strap Checkering is kind of dull.
It used to be hard to find someone who cared, when it came to Plating. They thought you had to blast to hell out of everything. The Guide Rod, by the way was hand made, there were none available then.
This really makes me feel Old.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am the current owner of a Heinie Pistol, #RH187. It is a carry gun built on a Pre70s Colt Lightweight commander. Pretty much full house, 30LPI Frontstrap, 20LPI flat mainspring housing, Wilson beavertail, looks like a custom handmade Tungsten guidrod, with the front head of it checkered, Heinie rear, nice crisp trigger @4.5 #, stock commander hammer that has been opened up, short trigger beveled mag well, Brown ambi thumb safety (added later origianlly stock thumb safety which i still have. Two tone, blue slide satin nickel or NP# type colored frame. Loads of fun to shoot!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.