Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I read in a feature article - out of Shooting Times - that the CZ75 and its other caliber variants is the most underrated handgun in the United States. What do you think?

·
Registered
65 Posts
On 2001-06-14 23:58, hunter44 wrote:
Recently I read in a feature article - out of Shooting Times - that the CZ75 and its other caliber variants is the most underrated handgun in the United States. What do you think?
I definitely think it is. I like how they fit my hand, how they shoot and the finish relative to the cost. It is to be my next acquisition. Rugers, I think, are also underrated either in revolver or semiauto form. But that is another subject.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bear on 2001-06-23 13:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
500 Posts
Didn't D.R. Middlebrooks use a CZ75 in 9mm to win the IDPA Nationals in ESP last summer?
Everytime I shot with him this past year he was shooting one. i didn't make it to the Nationals but I believe he shot his CZ or a clone(Tanfangilo?)

·
Registered
27 Posts
For their cost, I don't think they can be beat. I have a CZ75 (pre-B, so no firing pin safety) that I picked-up a few months ago. It has been utterly reliable and accurate. It fits my hand like it was made for me. Hicap mags are ~$40.

I have been shooting it in IDPA ESP and I shot it so well that it relegated my Bilby/SA 1911 9mm to the safe. I ended-up selling the Bilby because the CZ just flat-out performs for me. All in all, one of the best handgun purchases I have made.

Regards,
Frank

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I don't know about "best"...But I damn sure "want" one!

Some of the EAAs come in 10mm...love to have that one...They also have the small frame that my lil' girls hand just fits...I've already looked at them 'til I just can't stand it...The next time I see on with 2-3 hi-caps goin' for about 300...I'm there!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I had an EAA Witness 10mm and it was a good gun. Accuracy wasn't as good as my Glock 20C [which is super-accurate], but then again it was about $200 cheaper. Very reliable and comfortable to shoot, ergonomics are darn near perfect. With better sights, a trigger job and a match barrel it would be king of the hill.

G

·
A few months back I picked up a HS2000 for $265 at a local gun show.It by far exceeded my expectations.Just over a 1000 rounds and yet to have a FTF or any type of malfunction.Excellent gun in my opinion.My Glock 19 has taken a back seat to it.My only complaints are that the grip is a tad longer then it has to be,the rear slide rails should be made of steel and the loaded chamber indicator serves no purpose in my eyes.Its about the size of a Sig P220.Kinda big for a 9mm but I like full size guns.Other then custom its tough to find a holster for it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Most underrated gun ever is the Makarov, especially the East German made guns. I paid about $150 for mine when they first started coming in. Mine was barely fired and looked mint with a nice blue finish. Grip angle is such that rounds are fed almost straight into the chamber. I liked it so much I got another one!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My NIB CZ-85 Combat (wood grips,adj. sights)was awesome till I tested it out with hollowpoints...didnt like any. It was way more than polishing a feed ramp. Its gone. The Makarov is built like a tank, accurate, reliable, relatively inexpensive...the Bulgarian, E. German, Russian versions get my vote. And I dont even have one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gene on 2001-08-17 18:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
350 Posts
Underrated guns: Good topic. My votes are:
Ruger P97, SW 625, SW 57, SW 13, Makarov, Ruger SP 101 w/ 3" tube, Remington 870 Home Defense model (225 bucks I think, but no bells or toys on it), Remington model 7, taurus .45LC snubbie....

Lots of promising stuff out there that is still cheap.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Most underrated autopistol, eh? My vote would have to be cast for the Ruger P97. Built like a tank, slimmed-down controls from the P95, accurate, reliable, and priced right. It is also readily available and aftermarket sights are a breeze for kitchen table 'smiths to install.

I've got to have one!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree on the P97 ruger great handgun just got a blued one from davidsons. Function fit and trigger pull is great just wish someone like fobus or uncle Mike's made a kydex holster for it. Then you would have a great gun and a great holster both at a bargin price. Got a makarov also and a fobus holster great compact gun for a fair price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.