Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dane, how does the holster attach? The rear is obvious but what is not obvious is the forward attaching point. Is it a tunnel loop or snap type arrangement?

How about the mag/light pouch? How does it attach?

From this distance, they look very nice indeed.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Larry,

These are both prototypes that I have been using. The mag/light pouch is a snap on, and as compact as they get. The holster is a ACP basically with a little more support and the ease of the "wing" being a snap on. Very solid (which is the most important thing to me) and very easy on and off.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wow, that leather is just BEAUTIFUL looking :grin:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hey Dane,

Can the light pouch be had in a bezel down configuration? :grin:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Thanks for all the complimentary comments gentlemen. I certainly do appreciate it.
I have been working on the prototype holster at the suggestion of my good friend Vince O'Neill, with the Oklahoma State training Div. The traditional Bruce Nelson design is a great one, but it's hard to get the holster positioned over a belt loop because when you thread the belt through the slot, and then through a pants loop, it becomes difficult to then thread the belt through the stitched tunnel loop because of the close relationship of the two attaching points. This design allows you to thread the holster onto the belt, and position it where you want it, then just snap the strap around the belt. It's much easier, and due to the design of the snap loop, it actually pulls the gun butt in tighter to the body, much like the CQC/S holster does.

The Magazine/Light combo is only available with the bezel up at this time, but I am working on a design that will allow the light to be carried bezel down, as with the
6-Z light with the rubber grommet.

The holster will be available in our standard DOJ model, along with the Heinie DOJ also, if Dick wants to make that available to his customers.
Thanks again,
Lou

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The designs are NOT available for order just yet. (we learned the hard way from the GWH timing :grin: ) Holster will be $95 and the mag pouch $65. Available in black or cordovan as always.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great looking holster and mag carrier. What guns are they going to be available for, you know those of us who have to carry this brand or that brand because of work and No it's not even remotely resembling the 1911...

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Power is easy. The other guns come as the orders get made. Takes some committment on Lou's and mine part to buy the dies to cut them. Lou wouldn't have a finger left if he had to cut everything by hand.

I suspect you need a Glock. The mag pouch is a given... the holster will come along in time :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-07 20:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unbelievable, that sums up Lou Alessi's ACP Leather and Sharkskin holster Dane sent me. It is wonderful to have such talent at our fingertips. Thank you both for sharing with us... Rand

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.