Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot 300 rounds through my personal gun today. This is the second gun with the WAVE.

I am CONVINCED this is a better front strap treatment that anything else I have used.

Here is how convinced. From now till July 25th I will cut the WAVE and give you a new Brown mainspring housing for $130! Plus $15 return shipping. For a total of $145.

That is a full $85 off retail on the machine work!! Any gun I have in house now, I will make the same offer on.

CMC/Nowlin/Kimber/Wilson... bald... frames only!

Two week turn around is the current estimate unless I get flooded here:D

I'll never make this offer again. When you try the WAVE, you'll know why.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-07-20 02:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-07-20 02:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can do it on any 1911 that has a smooth front strap. I believe most Gold Cups have a set of serrations. No, go, on that David. The "best deal" offered here is only good on a bald Kimber and it's clones.

Sorry :sad:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dane,
I been away for a little while and checked in to see what was new. That "wave" you are doing is simply awesome. It certainly is a new novel idea and looks like it would be really functional, since I'm not a great fan of checkering this is a breath of fresh air. I'm saving up for one of your works of art!

·
Registered
283 Posts
O.K., Dane, I'm in. I'll send you my Kimber Royal. It also needs a dehorn and the ambi safety blended so that it doesn't dig into the web of my left hand. Aside from that, I'll drift over to your website and see what else you might recommend be done for it whilst in your hands.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be happy to do it for you Andy:)

We should have a couple of further reports from my BETA testers in the field shooting the "WAVE" this week. I am as interested as anyone to get their feed back from my shooting my personal gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What about a Para fullsize frame?

Brian Busch

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB on 2001-07-17 17:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
269 Posts
On 2001-07-17 17:45, BB wrote:
What about a Para fullsize frame?
~snip~
I don't think it would look very good. even if Dane tried it you would either have a very super thin front strap from burning off the serrations or see the existing vertical serrations that the Para's have. A friend has a p-12 that he got stippled and robared and you can see the serrations, albeit faintly and only up close, through the stippling.

jmo,

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey Dane,
I just want to know how to get on that "Beta Tester's" list! I'd be more than happy to try out any and all of your guns for my opinion.

I'll even pay for my own ammo. What a deal, huh? Hey, I'll sacrifice for the good and education of fellow shooters everywhere.:smile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Para frame kit comes without serrations in the white. I'm wanting a hi-cap 10mm 1911 and trying to decide on a Para or SA frame.

·
Registered
269 Posts
On 2001-07-18 08:12, BB wrote:
The Para frame kit comes without serrations in the white. I'm wanting a hi-cap 10mm 1911 and trying to decide on a Para or SA frame.
Hmmm. Your right. it says right on thier site "Groovedfront strap rounded smooth for comfort & better control" the few I've seen came with the serrations..maybe that was by request or not really a gunsmith kit. In that case if Dane says he'll do it I may have to get me a Frame!
http://www.paraord.com/pages/products/gunsmithkit.html

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any of the frames that have a thick enough front strap can be had with a "WAVE". Currentley it is going to take a gun to get the fixture made to cut it on. The Para fixture is of course different than a single stack. In addition, on the Para since it has a bigger surface area on the front strap it will cost more. Give me a call and I'll be happy to discuss the details.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dane, I've been doing some serious soul-searching. Can't see spending money on a perfectly almost-stock Kimber. Can the Wave be done on my currently stock Colt Delta? It'll need a Brown grip safety and a Wilson or Brown ambi. safety with both of the paddles cut down to match the regular r/h-only Brown/Wilson extended safety profile, too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.