Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the first guns shipped with the "WAVE". A LWT Kimber Pro Carry and a stainless Kimber 40 rechambered in 10mm both with Brown beavertails, Heinie sights and BCP ignition systems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-10-10 21:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's real cool looking! Dane, how do they feel with this wave? More photo's please. Sam

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sam on 2001-10-10 21:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those darn things DO get better looking the more you see them!

What are the chances that these will void Wilson Combat's service policy? Have you dealt with that issue at all?

My WC will probably be needing a refinish in the next year or so and before that it will get some type of frontstrap treatment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damnit Dane, I don't know if its the lighting or what but I always love the colour of your pistols! Nice and grey!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can...almost...see........the.......gun........looks....good...neck.....beginning...to.....craaaamp.
Bitch, bitch, bitch :grin: Take your own pictures dude! I am tired of looking at your guns, they are becoming so common here :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-10-11 18:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think abnranger is referring to the fact that it almost looks like these pistols now have "finger grooves" as a result of the WAVE modification. I'm certain that this is only a visual illusion, but I can see where one might draw that conclusion -- especially from the last photo.

Chuck

·
Registered
403 Posts
GTO,

The full size frames have 7 arcs totaling 3 and 1/2 S's. The compacts have one less arc making for a total of 3 S's. 7 vertical rows of waves for each frame.

The MSH has almost 6 arcs making for 3 S's, with 4 vertical rows of Waves. This is for the full size MSH, the compact will be a bit less. The start of the waves on the MSH start under the grip safety, so part of the first arc isn't cut. This is done so the arcs can finish close to the bottom of the MSH. The pattern and size of the waves is the same for the MSH and frame. Hope this helps clarify.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Peter Zahn on 2001-10-12 10:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
35 Posts
abnranger,

There are not really bumps on the frontstrap. It is an illusion caused by the wave. I asked the same question when the first pics of the wave were posted because it looked lik teh frint surface was wavy along with the milled wave pattern. If you do a search you will fnd a pic that shows the front strap taken from the mag well up to the triggerguard. It is indeed still flat. I believe this picture is on Dane's webpage too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chrisinmo on 2001-10-12 18:58 ]</font>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.