Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm thinking about getting a sig 226 or 220. Primary purpose is concealed carry. There's a local dealer with a bunch of both. They are police trade in guns. The price range is around $400 for either.
I've never had a Sig before. I've carried Rugers, Glocks, Berettas, and 1911s. I've found everything but the G19 too large to carry comfortably.
I guess what I'd like are after-market full capacity magazine recommendations, and some tips on what to look for or maybe watch out for in a used Sig.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you found anything larger than the Glock 19 to be too big then the 226 and 220 will also be too large. I carry a 229 40S&W and it is at that almost too large size.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Coop57. I think I'll pass on the Sig though it seemed like a good price. 226 for $350. They also have 228s for $400. Police trade ins and they have a bunch.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Look at the Kahr P9. Light, accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2001-11-14 12:16, Coop57 wrote:
Look at the Kahr P9. Light, accurate and reliable.
I've been thinking about getting a P or K-9. It's almost lunch time. Think I will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: charleym3 on 2001-11-14 12:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
105 Posts
thinking of getting a sig.

Get one you cant go wrong.I have 3 and they are durable,reliable,and accurate. I have glocks and rugers and have had hks and walthers and I always depend on my sigs. Try a 225 or 228.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts