Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of one of the new Eclipse II's. While fieldstripping it, I discovered the barrel bushing was very tight. I'm talking about the fit between the outside surface of the bushing and the slide. The bushing turns OK with the bushing wrench, but I found it hard to remove and replace in the slide. The Eclipse has this black oxide over the inner surfaces of the slide and on all surfaces of the bushing. It's got me wondering whether the tolerances are too tight because of this.
Anyway, I thought I'd check in with the forum. Has anybody seen the same thing? Will normal wear take care of the problem? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
218 Posts
DesertRat,

I have a 1991A1 with a Brown match barrel and bushing installed. When I got the gun back from the 'smith I noticed the same thing about my bushing fit. All I did was use some fine emory cloth to polish the outside surface of the bushing where it fits into the slide. The result was that the fit is still tight, but just enough material has been removed to make it easy to disassemble by hand. This may work for you.

Good luck,

Tim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my first kimber this weekend. (Classic Custom Target) I have not fired it yet, but I have stripped it down and cleaned it. My barrel bushing was so tight, it took me about 5 minutes to get it out. It was a pain to remove, but I think I will leave it tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.