Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the most important person or thing in your life? Ranking them might be an easy way to answer the question.

What defines you as a person?

What do you hope to get, or accomplish, out of life before your demise?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Why do you expect complete strangers to share their innermost thoughts with you on a public forum? Or is this just a test to see if you can get people to do that? Why would you want this information?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Bill, we understand that you do not wish to partake of these "off-topic" discussions, yet you are the first to reply in this thread!

A lot of people are able to get to know the members of this (and other) forums on a more personal level.

Why do you wish to take the advice of total strangers when it comes to a tool that may save your life? You don't know who these people really are that you are asking advice of. I certainly feel more comfortable talking about weapons with people that I know (or at least have developed a bond with) because of off-topic subjects like this. Several personal friendships have resulted from the people that I have got to know on forums like this one.

If you don't want the human interaction that goes with these BB forums, librarys still have lots of books, and they won't ask you what color of underwear you have on! But you are here - why? Can't you learn about guns AND have a bit of fun at the same time?

This is certainly not a personal attack on you Bill, and I respect your view on the subject. What harm does it do to go off topic once in a while? How many times have you checked this forum, only to find that there are no new posts? I do it a lot, and these off topics are a good way to pass the time until gun related topics pop up. Again, this is my opinion, but several others have commented "over there" about the demise of the off-topic forum - most of them miss it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shane Kropf on 2001-08-03 20:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Now, to answer traevin's question.... :wink:

1) My wife.
2) My daughter.

Things are nice to have, people (family/friends) are more important. The ability to know the difference is what defines me as a person.

I'm not sure what I hope to get out of life before my demise. I want to make my wife and daughter smile every day. I would be content with something so simple.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello. For me, peace of mind. I am not taking your topic lightly, but that's what it boils down to.

Knowing that my wife's taken care of contributes heavily to this. Remaining financically sound does, too. Freedom to enjoy my lawful firearms without undue governmental hassle ranks right up there as does good health.

Best.

·
Registered
628 Posts
1. freedom
2. friends and family
3. freedom
4. see 1,2,and 3.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The most important things in my life are my four children. They come before my wife because my children are in my charge, entrusted to me by God. My wife is my colleague. I like to think that she is in my charge also, but if I die today she can go on and take care of herself. She is quite a lady. If there was a thing it would be honor. That comes before my wife and even before my children. To me this means that I value my wife and children more than other people. But when my son or daughter starts selling heroin to children to make money then their relation to me is less than the importance of the greater good of humanity and I call the police. Harsh? Yes. Necessary? Also yes. My oldest is almost 6 so it isn't a problem yet, but I am aware it is a possibility. Tom Clancy wrote in "Rainbow Six" that the greatest job of a parent was to retain a child for many years and then to present society with a good, honorable adult when the time comes. That struck a nerve in me. Anyway, I for one am glad of this post. It seems there is very little correlation between today's martial arts and honor; so I am glad of this opportunity to share my views on this subject. So, for me:
Honor, then my children, then my family (both biological and my family of very good and close friends). Other important topics like "country, duty, honesty" all fall directly under "honor" so for me they don't need another group.
Jake

G

·
To achieve true balance of one's heart, mind, and soul, the warrior will give the gift of time, the process of thought, the importance of value and seriosuness of expression to those things which give true meaning of importantance, and those things in turn will bring a balance of spriritual richness and determination of spitirt to your life.

Ta Len Sao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.