Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know about Tokarev pistols? What is the differences between the chinese , russian and polish variants? What would be your choice for a "shooter"? What kind of power can I expect from the 7.62 cartridge? Any comments will be helpfull.

Thanks, CCW

G

·
I tend to like the Russian versions as they seem to be solid and fairly well built.

Actually it is odd timing as George Smith at EGW is currently building/customizing a CZ52 for me as we speak with Ashley sights and a host of good things.

With a good barrel and crown they are capable of exceptional accuracy and the 7.62 round is fairly flat shooting.
It has great pentration and performs fairly similar to 9mm ammo.

I was first introduced to one while in the Soviet Union and it is a very popular carry gun among the russian body guards and security forces.

While not a true "manstopper" it is very good against vehichles and intermidiate barriers, with a small caliber pistol shot placement is important and properly cleaned up the CZ52 is a very capable gun.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have that book, CZ52s, and Tokarevs.

I have worked up hand loads until the CZ52s split thier barrels.

The Tokarevs are much stronger.

The factory and surplus ammo is between 1450 and 1550 fps with 86 gr FMJ bullets.

I have overloaded dozens of gun designs, and the CZ52 is the only really unsafe gun I have found to work up .1 gr increment loads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.