Pistol Smith Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Forum members,

I finished my copy of Fighting Smarter the night before last. Extremely well organized, well written and to the point. No fluff, reasons/rationale are given for instructions put out as 'gospel' and points that need to be emphasized are REPEATED in following chapters as they should be. All chapters 'connect', make sense and build upon the previously presented information. It is truly more of a 'text' than a book and a must for any serious student of this discipine.

Focus of the text is weighted toward attitude and mental preparedness- as any serious coach
of any endeavor will emphasize. The primary difference here is that coming in 'second' probably means that somebody will be drawing a chalk line around your body. It made me realize that(unfortunately)concealed carry is probably prudent for me and (fortunately) that I am not yet ready. I believe that I'm pointed in the right direction and that with more time and effort I'll be at the level where I'm confidently able to address this responsibility. Until then I'll keep learning and practicing. (Tom if you read this, I'm now in Condition Yellow when I leave the house every morning and I can't believe the crap I've looked at daily, but never 'seen').

You can't get a tank of gas for $20.00. Do yourselves a favor and buy this book- it may well save your life or that of a loved one.

Waldo1

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tom,

Thanks :smile: I sent my order to Rangemasters FAX number, I hope that is okay? :smile: Saves an envelope and mail time.

· Registered
414 Posts
Tom, a check is on it's way :smile: . Thanks. I also E-mailed you about attending a class at Rangemaster.
Regards,
Clay

· Registered
414 Posts
Great, the next video we see will be of Dane whipping my ass :grin: .

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Tom,

Got my book today, thanks :smile: I made a mistake thou, I stopped by my aunts house after picking up my mail :wink: Sat the book down on her counter, and she picked up and started reading it, and is STILL reading it :lol: She doesn't even own a gun.

MAYBE I'll be able to get it back from her by the end of the week :lol:

Anyway, thanks again :smile:

http://www.cphv.com/fl_legacy.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-07-16 20:16 ]</font>

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Got my book back from my aunt and finally got to read it. I must say Tom, that your book is VERY well written and is full of a lot of useful insights :grin: I like your writing style a lot as well.

Speaking of my aunt, like I said she doesn't own a gun but, after reading your section on the Cooper color codes, and general awareness, she's allready adopted the Cooper color codes, and is paying more attention to her environment. A good thing to do when you work in downtown Denver :grin: That shows what a good writer Tom is, when he can even communicate useful info to the 'non-gun' crowd. Pretty cool IMO :grin:

· Registered
11 Posts
On 2001-07-21 16:39, Tom Givens wrote:
If you're in Memphis why don't you have a copy already? :smile:
OK, for this week only, come by in person and get one for $20.00.
Alright, I'll come by to see you guys tues. afternoon.

By the way, I have read Dane comment on Memphis BarBQ several times. Mind telling me where you took him? I have been living here for two years ( moved here from TX ) and have yet to find a Bar Be Que that I think passes muster. Morris' Grocery on Macon is pretty good, but sometimes I go there and they are sold out.

· Registered
152 Posts
Dane was referring to Leonard's BBQ, which is about two blocks from Rangemaster. It has been in business at one location or another since the 1920's. Pretty good stuff. We selected the location of Rangemaster based on a Thai restaurant, a steakhouse, a BBQ joint, and a topless bar within a few blocks. :smile:

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
We selected the location of Rangemaster based on a Thai restaurant, a steakhouse, a BBQ joint, and a topless bar within a few blocks.
Now THAT sounds like the place to train :smile:

· Registered
3,552 Posts
On 2001-07-21 22:04, Tom Givens wrote:
a BBQ joint, and a topless bar within a few blocks. :smile:

HEY! Of the numerious times I have been to Memphis in the last few years how come no one has pointed the TB out?

I ain't THAT OLD!

· Registered
11 Posts
Dane,
I assume the TB to which Tom is referring is Platinum Plus, in which case, if you have not noticed it, then you are probably failing one of their alertness tests.

Even if you are still young, it is obvious that you are spending to much time looking for potential attackers, and not enough time scanning the streets for the pretty ladies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BVD on 2001-07-22 02:00 ]</font>

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Tom/Dane

You ought to drop by the TB, and see if you can recruit some new 'range officers'. Like these two:

:eek:

http://www.cphv.com/fl_legacy.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-07-22 02:42 ]</font>

· Registered
414 Posts
Nice book Tom! Maybe I can get the wife to read it. I'm surprised at the amount of info covered in one book.
Thanks again for the deal, and I look forward to visiting Rangemaster in the future.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.