Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Beverly McCord, as posted on the IDPA unofficial list and emailed directly to me:

Tom & John,

You are doing nothing but fomenting discord amongst the shooting disciplines by placing your silly threatening comments about shooting IDPA in Central Texas on the 1911 Forum, and on other places on the internet. Fact is; neither of you are welcome to shoot at CenTex as of this moment. Harsh words? I hope so.

Most shooters are always welcome here. We're usually the epitome of hospitality...ask anyone! You two may be the first we've ever had to deny access to our shoots ahead of time. Why is that? Your *ATTITUDE*.
Threatening on-line to wear STI or Springfield Armory sponsored shirts to our IDPA club which you know abhors the commercialization of IDPA that STI/SA is trying to bring about is smarty pants, spoiled behaviour. We don't need that. We simply won't put up with it. Don't need to.

Here's the story: Our CenTex club caters to IDPA shooters who mainly consist of responsible concealed carried shooters. That's what we want...an IDPA club where like-minded individuals can compete against
one another on a equal basis. Good people. We're not interested in catering to sponsored shooters as such - nothing against them - but we're too busy working with real people; and bringing real people into
the shooting sports. We don't mind sponsored shooters...as long as they are as polite as our regular shooters.

And your problem with this is what? That we have standards you don't share? *IF* you were ever guests at our facility; you should expect to behave as guests. That means - Tom Freeman & John Forsyth - you either
show up as a regular person willing to share in our IDPA experience - or not at all. An STI, or Springfield shirt? Go home and change your clothes AND attitude. Come back and you might learn something. About IDPA, CCW, life & all that stuff. Don't bother to show up otherwise. We don't owe you guys anything except mutual initial respect...and y'all have already proven yourselves short on that commodity.

If you find yourselselves out in the cold - matchwise - be sure to call SA & STI to see which matches their staffs are putting on for everyone's benefit in the area.

Beverly
CL150 USPA
CL150 IDPA

And don't worry about "reporting" me to the AC or HQ. They've been CC:ed. What you need to worry about is how many clubs QUIT IDPA or get kicked out because of people like you. For me; it's not an issue...CenTex will always be shooting along under Defensive Pistol Guidelines. But without ever having to babysit spoiled brats.
My responce emailed directly to her.

Beverly,

Per Oxford's Universal Dictionary: hypocrisy, The assuming of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, with dissimulation of real character or inclinations.

Your opening statement, "discord amongst the shooting disciplines", exemplifies the above. I have read your rants about how others are unsportsmanlike, unsafe, and put IDPA in a bad light because they do not stand for the ideals of IDPA. Who made you the High Priestess of IDPA? I think the above fits you quite well.

You do not know me, you have never been to any of my club's matches, and yet you are passing judgment on myself and others on a daily basis. You rant, and I do mean RANT, on how others do not follow the true spirit of IDPA, how Berryville is destroying IDPA, how no one but you truly understands how it should be. I have read where YOU have disagreed with the rule book and openly tell others that you will not abide by it. And yet, I am the one with the bad attitude because I do not follow YOUR rules.

It is a very shallow person that attacks another when they have no means to defend themselves. In fact, it is down right cowardly. I find it interesting that you post that Tom and myself are not welcome on a forum that neither of us post on but ignore the ones that we do.

John Forsyth

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted here and "over there" because I can not get into the IDPA list. My responce to her email directly to me ended up on the IDPA list, and I do not know how. As this and the 1911Forum are where she has taken offense to Tom's and my posting, I posted her original and my responce to it here to get her to respond. I feel that I have been attacked unjustly, as well as Tom, and deserve an apology here as well as on the IDPA list.

·
Registered
555 Posts
John,

I always knew Tom was trouble, didn't know you were of the same caliber. Well obviously someone takes their "game" a little too seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eerw on 2001-07-27 16:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
581 Posts
Wow. All I can say is wow.

Beverly, I am sorry to hear that I am no longer welcome at your club. I was looking forward to shooting at your facility the next time I was down at Bergstrom/Austin. I have heard many good things about it.

Should you find yourself in Colorado, please feel free to come shoot with us. We shoot the third Sunday, shooters meeting at 1000. I will treat you with the same respect I show for any fellow shooter, no matter if they shoots trap, silhouette, high power or any sport. Life is too short to bicker between ourselves.

I have no intentions to turning you in to IDPA HQ, nor would I expect them to do anything. USPSA does not tell me as a section coordinator and club president how to run my section/club and I don’t expect or want them to.

It’s a shame I heard about this here, as I am not on the IDPA mailing list.

I wish you and your club nothing but the best. Maybe we can sit down together at nationals over a lemonade and talk about this face to face. If I don’t make nationals, maybe a cool blues pub on East 6th Street like Pickers Paradise. First rounds on me...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Geez...I'm embarrassed just to have lived in Texas!
...they must be frrom some "other" Texas...Sheesh...Of all the guys I've met recently I can't think of ANYONE less likely to fit the description that was given by that "person from Texas"...Tom is without a doubt, one of the most helpful and straight shooting guys I know...In fact, you'd think there would be more places to park at the range after that lil' tirade from the "LIL General"'s description...Well...there ain't...More and more people are signin' up down there all the time and if anyone is doin' the "right thing" by Shootin' Sports it's The Hozer...

Thanks Tom...for ALL you do...

g2

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I can't believe it. I read one of the threads on 1911forum that illicited this and it was blatanty obvious that the Big B was incredibly rude, hostile and insulting from the word go. Had she accused ME of shaming my profession because I asked about a paticular rule, I know for a positive fact that I would not have been nearly as forebearing as the people she maligned. I would have been hard pressed not to take my size 11 boot, turn it sideways, and shove it where the sun don't shine.

But then again everyone calls me Mr. Sunshine. :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
580 Posts
More Beverly......from the old IDPA Digest #1051. @ least she's Consistant!

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 12:47 AM
Subject: Re: [IDPA] Re: Fess up: gun thru window rule

> And I believe that the largest problem IDPA is facing today is the same
> selfish, argumentative, self-styled "superior" competitors forever
> coming over to IDPA for "trigger time" and exhibiting the same lack of
> understanding, rudeness, denial of personal responsibility for their own
> behaviour, and making more and more demands on the actual facilitators.
> That's what has mostly ruined IPSC.
>
> Good people don't take abuse from spoiled brats for very long before
> moving on to more rewarding venues. Hence, IDPA.
>
> Tactics will never be universally agreed upon. Instructions - especially
> when given with the context of a scenario - are usually plain.
> Responsible adults with guns should be able to follow instructions,
> shouldn't they? Without forever looking for an "out" or an excuse to
> circumvent the rules of behaviour, like kindergartners do?
>
> Anyone who doesn't like the tactics inherent in IDPA scenarios has
> several ready options available: They can shoot in another venue
> (please)!, they can shoot IDPA "like a man", they could vote with their
> feet, or set up their own matches.
>
> Or - better yet - they can buy a VCR, film themselves shooting and
> circumventing the spirit of a stage; then forevermore sit in front of
> the TV endlessly impressing themselves.
>
> I sorely wish that the "high speed, low draggers" would finally realize
> what an actual drag they are on the real people of IDPA. If the dreams
> of the people delivering THIS iteration of combat shooting get drowned
> out by the constant wailing of crying babies, there will not be another
> version of this sport for a very long, long time. If ever.
>
> No one anywhere *owes* anyone a venue in which to compete. Quite the
> opposite. All of us should be thankful for those who *ALLOW* us to be
> part of IDPA, and strive to be part of the solution.
>
> Beverly
>
>
>
> Discussions should remain at least semi-civilized and IDPA-relevant at all
times.

·
Registered
70 Posts
sheesh...I am glad that I didn't shoot my first match at her range.

I am fairly new to IDPA...I still shoot really slow...I try to learn as much as I can from each match...At this point...I only compete against myself...trying to gain some confidence.

That said...I have a good friend that is pure gamer...He cruises pretty fast...and is fun to watch while shooting....He also always has time for helping us newbies become better shooters.

He is going to our state match next week...and will be wearing his STI shirt...I hope he wins and gets the contingency fee from STI.

I personaly think that as long as IDPA has rules about the equipment race...that none of the companies offering this incentive will change a thing about it.

I am grateful that the club I shoot at does not have any hotheads like Ms Mccord....It would take the fun out of shooting...and...yes...I believe....fun and safty can co exist...Unfortunatly....She doesn't seem to think so...Maybe shooting is not for her.

Greg Hanson

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, she is unbelieveable!!!!!
She attacks everyone, doesn't she have any hospitality for anyone but herself. Tom showed what a good and true individual he is by writing a great response. It really makes her look like a ranting raving BITCH after that, she should be ashamed of herself, if she can ever get that arrogant, ego blanket off of her.

She is so opinionated about others, but her overinflated opinions are supposed to be swallowed whole by everyone else as she rips into others for theirs.

I feel for her husband.

Kevin

·
Registered
30 Posts
"Can't we all just get along?" --Rodney King

:wink:

ps: Tom F: you have one heck of a great gig... You fly AF, and shoot too? Be safe over there in Yugo, btw.

·
Registered
581 Posts
It’s a rough job I have in the Air Force. Traveling the globe in search of the highest per-diem. But with a little therapy and counseling, I will get through it.

I shoot more ammo each year than my whole wing (950 people) does. Can’t hate it.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.