Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any recommended training schools or people in East Tennessee? I'm not new to shooting in general but would like to find a school that teaches basic marksmanship and tactics.

I would also like to find a school that shooters new to tactical training and only average accuracy don't feel out of place.
I've been around people so far a head in the game they make you feel totally stupid. I want to improve my accuracy(which needs improving) and better understand how to handle situations in which my life is in danger.

I recently purchased my first 1911 style pistol. Found a very nice Kimber Compact .45. Don't know if this would be considered an appropriate choice for these schools. I am going to get a full sized 1911 in the summer. I do have several Glocks(21,23,27,30, &35).

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, the closest school to you im aware of is (Mid-South institute) but it`s on the opposite end in lake cormorant mississippi, just under memphis.. You should be able to find something closer to you though.. Don`t be intimidated, or feel stupid, we all start out not knowing anything.. Im sure any class would start out slow, drawing, dry firing, then move on progressively from there.. A good instructor will explain and show you what to do to correct any mistakes you may be making and get you dialed in in no time.. I don`t own a kimber but i hear they are no slouch and should be just fine, bringing one of your glocks to class for a back up incase something breaks would be a good idea.. Good luck with your search.. -Gilmore

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Citizen_Gilmore on 2001-05-19 08:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
200 Posts
There are several trainers that are fairly close to you in middle TN. Randy Cain at Cumberland Tactics in Goodlettsville is outstanding and his web address is http://www.guntactics.com and you could also check out the OPS guys (James Yeager & Andy Standford)at http://www.optionsforpersonalsecurity.com . They teach out of Big Sandy which is near Nashville. Another outstanding resource is Tom Givens at Rangemaster in Memphis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.