Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
OK. With one I would continue toward him, even closing the gap to touching distance. I am assuming from the description that I have a grocery bag in each hand and keys grasping in one of my hands at the same time. The grocery bags are both a barrier and a distraction device and my keys can double as a weapon, if need be. You can always throw the grocery bags into him or shove into him bodily with them. His natural reaction should be to protect himself and/or clear the bags out of the way before going for his own weapon(s), even if you catch him in the middle of going for one. This should give you time to engage with the keys or unarmed or go for your own gun that you should always be carrying. Of course, that's just what came to mind first.

If dealing with two guys...that would be a lot harder. I'd still use the grocery bags and the keys in the same capacity, but the situation is infinitely more complicated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.