Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told there is a different "trigger" available for a Sig 226. I was wondering if this is a factory only modification or can one be ordered and installed by the owner?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Are you referring to the "short" trigger" or the different models of 226s available? The short trigger is just that if I remember correctly, a replacement part that reduces length of pull for those with small hands having trouble getting a good grasp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
trigger fingers!

there are two 'short triggers' the old designation was for a trigger that was actually shorter in the trigger guard. the 'slang' if you will around the plant quickly was applied to the 'short return trigger' , referring to it as the 'short trigger' this caused some confusion around the assembly area for a while. some confusion still perpetuates...

if you've taken the armorer's course , you'll be familiar enough with the internals to put in a short return trigger on your own , if you can get the parts. if you just want to drop in a short trigger , that's easily done. IF YOU GET EITHER DONE BY A CERTIFIED ARMOR , YOU KEEP YOUR WARRANTY... if not , you'll lose it. it doesn't have to go to the factory as long as a certed smith does it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@ Sarge405 - you're correct on the trigger explanation.

There is a gun smith on the Sig forum that is very popular and he sell's & / or installs those triggers.

He put one on one of my Sig's and I like it.

If you want to check if he has any & their cost.

Call Robert Burke

Ph. (972) 342-2717

Website: The Sig Armorer | Robert C. Burke, Sig Certified Armorer, Dealer, and Pistolsmith

email: [email protected]

Robert is a very friendly guy and he can answer your questions over the phone.

And his work is second to none IMHO

:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts