Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I have just recieved shipment of my Videki Aluminum Long Match trigger To go into my Kimber Custom. This will be my first modification to the pistol unless you count a quick recoil spring swapout for a Wolff, and a Ed Brown short guide rod and plug.

My question is, How do I fit the trigger in the pistol? I'm sure I'll have to take a little metal off the top and bottom of the trigger and possibly polish the bows a bit. Is there a reccomended tool to take the metal off with, or to polish with?
And what do I do with/How do I adjust the overtravel screw?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kevin Ferrell on 2001-11-06 16:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
579 Posts
Kevin,I just used a trigger track stone to smooth up the slots (just a few strokes). The Videki (with holes) fit right in with out any material removal on my installation.

I would place it flat on a fine/medium stone and check after each stroke at it does not take much to remove aluminum. To polish the bow, I used fine media, and a Deremel polish wheel and low speed with a extension shaft.

I also didn't have much/any overtravel so I did not use the over travel screw. Check the procedure in the Kuhnhausen Shop Manuals. They are worth the $$.cc too! Plus the help here is great too. :grin:

Like Pvt.Ryan said in his post, the hammer (main) spring and the sear spring have the most affect on the weight of the trigger pull. Do a search and read his post on a trigger job. Mike

PS This was the first 1911 trigger that I had done with the help of the forum and Dane.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randall_1611 on 2001-11-07 08:28 ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.