Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Behlert Hi Std sear notch

I guess Ill have to admit it. My Hi Std type notch always worked great. In fact Im getting prices on my Browning hammer sear set now and hope to have them soon . If you look at the sear engagement in a Hi Std you will find only about 010 engagement. When I first got the idea I tried it on a 45 hammer which I milled out of tool stl. I cut the slot in line with the mounting hole and the trigger pull was 3 1/2 lbs. By changing the angle of this slot I got down to 2 lbs with no hammer drop on letting the slide slam on an empty chamber. My Ruger Mk11 set droppedin at 2 1/4 lbs and the Brng set at 4 1/2 plus. I came out with a 4 lb pull on the Desert Eagle hammer with no creep. The breakaway with this method is like an isicle. I kept the heatrreat at 48/52

·
Registered
446 Posts
hammer sear sets

When and if I get the sets going again, they will be for BHP first and 1911 next. I never had a complaint about hammer bite with the BHP so Ill be glad to help. I will advertize it on this forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.