Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NIB Mark III and I'm trying to remove the magazine disconnect. But I'm stuck in step one = removing the trigger pin. Darn thing won't budge on the frame!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried to remove the pin on my new MkIII using a brass hammer and a nylon punch, but no go. I walked away from it quickly when I found myself looking at my framing hammer and a set of steel punches :smile:

It's either the tightest fit pin I've ever seen and/or the epoxy finish is holding it in place.

OTOH, the action has smoothed up a bit and I'm shooting it pretty well as it is.

I like the sights, it shoots to POA, the hammer doesn't bite and it has been flawlessly reliable. Maybe I'll try to remove the pin after another thousand-plus rounds.

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
The end of the pin is chamfered, but the pin itself is NOT tapered. Just a tight fit combined with the spring locked into the groove to retain it. Use a large brass punch to start it, befor switching to a small steel one. Drive from R to left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.