Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a custom classic and decided to test the trigger pull. Its a whopping 8.25 lbs!! As a comparrison I tested the pull on our rental guns in the shop and they were both a nice 3.5 lbs. The other "new" kimbers also tested out at 8 lbs. Is this difference due to the wear and tear that the rentals have seen and can I expect mine to lighten up over time? Or do I need to schedule an appointment with a smith once I've broken in the pistol?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a new Classic Stainless last week and the trigger pull was five and a half pounds with a little creep. I was also having a some feed problems. I'm having a local smith polish the chamber, breech face, chamfer the firing pin hole and do a trigger job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
kimbers come with 4-5 lbs trigger pull on carry guns and those with fixed sights.
gold mataches and guns with adjustable sights should be in the 3.5 to 4.0 lb range.normally these weights do not change with use - and 8.5 lbs is way outside the norm. call customer service for advise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took everything apart and noticed that the leaf spring was not seated properly. Carefully put everything back together and tested the pull. Nice crisp 4.25 lbs. 1mm of movement and your Kimber becomes a Ruger. Eep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.