Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this Colt Commander on Gunbroker. The features were obviously well thought out and would be an awesome tactical weapon in a South Beach FL Niteclub. All I can say is "wow" http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewIt ... em=1558539
anyone elso have pictures of customs to rival this one?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MPower on 2001-06-29 03:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
372 Posts
LOL! Those grips are really PIMP lookin' :lol:

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's just not right. :???:

It is, however, nice to see a contrast to all the pretty metalwork that's usually shown here. We need to see some something else to put the good stuff in perspective, right?

Now I'm going to go try to forget I ever saw that... :razz:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Good for them...and us...They're doing something...pink...But they are doing something...:wink:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think that qualifies as "butt-ugly". That is just SO wrong......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow! Seeing that is like looking at an abused, orphaned child; it makes you want to take it into your home and try to make it okay again. I'm deeply saddened to see what not only someone paid to have done, but what someone took money for doing. :wink:

Maybe interested parties should band together and form an origanization to rehabiltate abused, neglected and mis-customized 1911's. :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Harrison on 2001-06-29 12:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have seen worse! there is a guy at the range I visit that has one in Blue, Green, Red and Gold! Goes well with the 18k rolex :smile:

I would rather carry a sling shot then be seen with something like that.
Shay

·
Registered
32 Posts
I once read a rather convincing article
about how a society's "progress" could be
tracked by the amount of ornamentation
featured on its weaponry.
At the earliest stage, when the weapon was
a tool of survival,it tended to be
plain. Adornment came only when the culture
had less perceived "need" for its weapons.
At that point the weapon became more of a
symbol than a tool; and the symbol became
more stylized through the use of ornamentation.
Translated: Working gun/plain...
Game gun/fancy....

·
Registered
669 Posts
Come on guys -- think outside the box a little... I mean doesn't this piece remind you of those cool fittings for braided stainless hoses, like the kind that are used on race cars and really trick hot rods?

BTW, the color is RED not pink. If it were pink, it would be far easier to find a matching Kydex rig... like those pink Gun Glove holsters Mad Dog made for Pamela Anderson. :wink:

You guys are also missing out on the fact you can get a spiffy matching Maglite flashlight to compliment your anodized beauty. Really, look at all the wonderful colors you could be using to make your gun stand apart from all those, oh so ordinaire, anodized aluminum frames.

Hmmmm, maybe I could have Dane build me a Lightweight Commander in purple... and then I could buy that purple Smoking Hole double stack to complete the package... Don't be another tactical lemming -- dare to be different!! :grin:

DD

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.