Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a conversation with Alex Hamilton the other day about Kahr 9s. We both have the E9 and I was interested in trigger work and refinishing. I am sure the original finish can be wiped off with a damp rag. Alex stated that there isn't much you can do with the trigger, the factory sights are OK, and to wait until my finish is really ratty and then do something. I am very impressed with this pistol aside from the finish. What say you? Regards, Richard

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello, Richard. I can only add that the blue finish on my K9 was quite "thin" and wore very quickly. I was satisfied with the sights and my had the original type trigger, but my particular pistol was smooth. No problem with the sights. I do think that the finish on my pistol left much to be desired.

Best.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Aparently, Teddy Jacobsen (Actions By T) has done some trigger work on the Kahr's, and I plan to talk with him about my P9.

While I like the basic feel, I have a feeling it could be better. What little I have done so far has improved the way the gun "feels", and functions, and the P9 has become my everyday gun, although I am still hopeful to find someone who can modify the mag base to accept a flush base.

One day soon, I have to change the sights as well, the rear is about my only knock on an otherwise nice, compact defense gun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
When some of these gunsmiths make comments that nothing can be done and live with it you are being given a BS story because they do not have the expertise to do it, I HAVE. All I do is trigger work on over 100 models of handguns, these other people haven't got a clue about what can be done to a KAHR Pistol.I can give you a 6 lb DOA pull smooth as glass, and I will not cut your springs. You can print my entire 8 page brochure off my website and you will see KAHR PISTOLS LISTED.

Teddy
http://www.actionsbyt.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also in fairness,
I should mention that Mas Ayoob has a some very smooth, very clean Kahrs that were done by John Quintrall. His reweld buildup work on the trigger face makes the K9 a good fit for me as I have large hands.
John Quintrall- 916-344-1811.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.