Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about ready to give up on my USP9-f. Every time the hammer falls, it feels like a shockwave through the whole pistol (dry-firing). The sights jerk off target with each trigger squeeze, no matter if I hold it limp-handed or "death-gripped".

I know it's a lightweight pistol, but my USP45-c doesn't have that "sledgehammer" effect when the trigger gets pulled. And the 45-c fires shot groups about 1/4 the size of the 9-f. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Has anyone had Teddy Jacobson remove this type of gremlin from their USP? I'd hate to sell off this pistol if it's something correctable. It has a good feel in my hand.... not like a Glock... and is worth repairing to me.

G

·
The USP 9mm has a moderately heavy hammer spring in it, it is actually the same weight in all three pistols.
I would try a reduced power spring from Wolff gun springs.
http://www.gunsprings.com
As a suggestion, then if you are still unhappy you should consider having Teddy clean it up for you.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Same with Teddy. Call him.....He will tell you what can be done and what's worth doing with no bull.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.