Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leave tomorrow morning for the Area 1 match up in Danes neck of the woods. If you are around, look me up. I will be wearing a blue AF Shooting Team shirt that looks as if I stole it from a professional bowler.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good luck to everybody. Tom, you aren't going by way of Texas are you?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, rest assured that I will shoot an IDPA match in Austin the first chance I get. If I didnt have an Exercise in Mass later this month, I would be there wearing bells and a Springfield or STI shirt.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
274 Posts
:smile: LMOL :smile:

·
Registered
274 Posts
How did you do Tom?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I shot like a girl... A bad girl.

3rd. I told myself to slowdown just a touch and get my hits. Bad plan. I should have just shot like I normally do.

Four major matches in the past couple months clean. Three misses on the first stage alone.

Thats what I get for being on squad 13 and shooting eight stages on a Friday the 13th....

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trust me, the thought of it being Friday the 13th, and on squad 13 crossed my mind several thousand times.

I was ready for my gun to come apart, RO's to smack me with the timer and give me a failure to do right, and the start of the Apocalypse at any moment.

Great match all in all, 'cept for the chrono. I keep going minor...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Tom, I had the same problem with the chrono! :wink:
BTW, I came in right behind you, 4th.
8 stages on Friday did suck! The worst part was standing around for 1.5hrs between stages. Damn nap-time!

What was that you were shooting anyway?
I sure hope our AF Shooting team members are using U.S. made guns!

Take care

·
Registered
322 Posts
My load went only 189? It went 190+ at the last slot match . . .
For those of you (us) that were not DQ'd; did the courses of fire encourage DQing by design, or were people just not paying adequate attention? There was lots of moving and shooting on the 180, but it didn't seem to me that any of it was deceptive. I knew where the 180 "traps" were during the walk-through.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scare me? I fly airplanes for a living. You can’t scare me. I am that stupid. Actually I have a big exercise to work as a ground pounder for the next twelve days on the east coast and I have a lot of last minute details to work out. I hope to have some spare time so I can get ready for the European Nationals in August.

As far as my opinion of Area 1 and being a DQ trap of a match, I don’t think it was. I think it had everything to do with people not paying attention and planning ahead.

One stage I saw several people who were shooting 10 rounders reload while moving on the 180 to the left. There was no advantage at all here, just more room for disaster. A couple stages were borderline holster tests. That dropped a couple guns. One AD on my stage turned into a dropped gun. Now that was interesting.

But, the real reason so many people went down was FRIDAY THE 13th. 13 DQ's Friday alone. And I got stuck on squad 13. I was shaking like a dog shitting razor blades by the end of the match.

All that said, great match.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I could add more powder and still go minor. Heck, my Casull would go minor in Production division. Everybody is minor even if you chrono major.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And not shooting it very well lately. Had to hand up the Steyr and switch to the Beretta. Something about shooting a bastard division and not doing it with my duty gun. They pretend to pay me, and I pretend to work...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.