Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Electric_Armadillo for some pics of his new Valtro. Yup, that slide top is flattened and serrated. Hope to have mine in about six weeks.
(The roll stamp says 1998 A1)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-08-02 01:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-08-02 01:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-08-02 01:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wan't one!

Nevermind! Got a CQB instead, got nothing against Italian products but nothin' says it like MADE IN THE USA. Now the wait...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Glock_Racer on 2001-08-03 22:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, front strap is checkered 30 lines per inch. (I don't believe 20 lpi. is available.)

I know that Jardine will install a S&A magwell and blend it to the frame or install a big magwell and tig weld it and blend it to the frame. You can also have chrome plating done to specification prior to shipping.

You can order with strong side only thumb safety if you don't prefer the standard ambi's.

Since it is an Italian pistol, other options include a Ferrari or Maserati of your choice with the appropriate glove box to stash your Valtro. These are at slight additional expense of course.

·
Registered
93 Posts
beautiful.
shouldn't take too much elbow grease to get that roll mark off, and you'll be ready to go! :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where does one purchase or order one of the Valtro's? Is there a webpage or phone number? I would sure like to get my order in soon, before everyone else does. This is one hot pistol.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To order a Valtro .45 call John Jardine at 510-489-8477.

As previously mentioned, John is a custom gunsmith who is a nephew of Armand Swenson.
He was hired as consultant to an Italian company and the Valtro is his baby. They're making the pistol to his specification.

BTW, the roll mark is not in fact a roll stamping but is electrically etched(?) only about .002 deep into the slide face. Very easily removed if so inclined. :smile:

Here's a new picture of the checkering (30 L.P.I.) on the front strap.

And a pic of the right side of the pistol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-08-03 14:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-08-03 17:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, don't have a picture that better depicts the rollmark. It's not my pistol and I got the pictures from someone else.

I can tell you that the rollmark consists of a round Valto emblem similar to the one in the center of the stocks followed by "1998A1". The pistol was originally supposed to hit the market in 1998.

I am told that the rollmark is only .002" deep and is not actually from roll stamping but from an electronic discharge etching or similar process.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Electric Armadillo here, I'll see if I can get some better pix of the rollmarks on the left hand side.

My thanks to tonerguy for posting the pics so far.

I was going to have some cool action pix posted from this weekend, but dumb me forgot to bring the camera to the IPSC competition. The pics would have looked really impressive if I never mention how pathetic my times are.

There are a few more pix on my temp site at
http://www.geocities.com/electric_armadillo
but these have not been as nicely retouched by tonerguy. Feel free to browse.
-Electric Armadillo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Electric Armadillo on 2001-08-06 10:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just added the rollmark pix to the page I posted. I tried to get a few shots because the flash kept washing out the image. (Appearently skill at shooting guns does not equate to skill shooting a camera :smile: )

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And here it is! The picture of the elusive roll mark! This pic shows off the nice finish of the gun quite well. Thanks Electric_Armadillo. (Armadillos do their best work overnight, ya' know - and he did.)
My, my, is that a French border I see along the top of the flat?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-08-07 09:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-08-07 09:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for posting the pic of the rollmark. In the original picture it looked like something I couldn't live with. I think I could stand this one - although I'd personally like it smaller.

Is the french border standard? That looks pretty danged nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.