Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More guns and photos from Mark4-45.

I emailed Larry asking about some of the details on these guns, Mark knows more and I suspect Larry will comment if asked.
Thank you gentlemen for adding some great stuff and the pictures!

From 1990 Vicker's #4 in 45 with a magwell by Nastoff.

Larry's first 9mm, a LAV signature gun built on a Springfield 5" from 1998.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-09-28 12:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
253 Posts
What I like most about them is they have been used!! Shame to have a custom gun like these and turn them into safe queens. These types of pistols are meant to be used.

·
Registered
270 Posts
BillD,
I could not agree with you more my friend.

It is a horrible shame to pay a man to work on a project for you, especially one with great skill, and then keep it in a safe all the time.

Case in point: Dane's oringinal Grey Ghost. Very well built, very well used.

Don't you agree Mr. Burns?

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a horrible shame to pay a man to work on a project for you...

Best compliment and highest honor you can give any maker is to actually use their guns IMO.

Guys like Dick, Larry and myself...or any good smith ....put a lot into our work. We want you to get a lot out of it!

Nothing better looking IMO that a well worn blued gun.

lmost any

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a few notes on the guns above....

The first, old #4, was completed in april of 1991..It is parkerized and has the Nastoff forged mag well{ only one other of Larrys' guns has this feature and it is owned by a close friend of ours}..This pistol has digested many M's of asstd. 45ACP ammo over the years; hardball, Hydrashocks, and my crudball reloads by the bucket full....The ONLY malfunction that ever occured was at SOF ,in probably '93 or '94, when a piece of gravel ended up in a mag that was reinserted in the gun during a std. exercises stage..Even Larrys' guns wont feed small rocks along with ammo!!!!!!

The 9mm {the black gun} is approaching the 10,000 roud mark with only three malfunctions according to my log on the gun...Two were fat headed reloads that were apparently short stroked on my Dillon 650, and the third was a round of Federal 147gr. FMJFP that jammed bullet up against the barrel hood on feeding..The gun has also run around 1200-1400 rounds of 147 Hydrashocks trouble free..9mm 1911's are not supposed to be very reliable; this is one you could bet yourlife on if you place those small bullets properly!!!!

On the appearence of the guns: They are used , used well and hard; why else would you have them?? If you want stuff to just look at put your money in art, or something else to hang on your wall.

outa here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.